Monday, July 16, 2007

Rebecca's favorite song

Rebecca just came in from playing outside, all sweaty and stinky, singing her favorite Sunday School song at the top of her lungs: "Building up the temple, building up the temple, building up the temple of the Lord.." That's all I know, because even though she sings it all the time, I don't always understand her 3 year old singing. She walked up to me, still singing with all her might, but now improvising: "You gotta wear a brawl (bra) and find some underpants..." At this point I said, "What are you singing?!?!" She looked at me with great sympathy and said, "Panties." (duh) "Wear panties on your bahooky..." and the song went on. Then she turned to me, pointed and said, "Sing it!" I asked what, and she said, "What I said."
She is my favorite 3 year old in the whole world.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Well I hope you sang it like she said! Oh my goodness, I laughed and laughed. I love the part about the panties on the bahooky. I can't wait to hang out with Rebecca. She sounds hilarious! It's hard for me to think of her as a big girl since the last (and only) time I saw her she was a baby.
Love you,
a

Angie said...

Sometime, after school starts, will you post a "20 years ago today" just for me? That would be 1987! ;-)

Margo said...

What an absolute sweetheart! Too funny!