Monday, September 8, 2008

Toe surgery, again

Well, after a busy week of school, and first BCM "Journey," and first night of AWANA (I, who have never helped in AWANA before, am the new Cubbies director-yikes), and a home school co-op skating party, and church movie night (Hidden Secrets--if you click the title you can watch the trailer. It's pretty good!), I am now in Conway helping my Mom recover from toe surgery. She had it this afternoon, and it took twice as long as they expected because there was more to fix than the dr. thought. Does that sound familiar? I didn't bring my camera, so you won't get to compare pictures to Mike's. (ha) She's doing pretty good so far. I don't think the anesthetic has worn off quite yet. As long as she can sit still, we're fine! Mike stayed in Magnolia; the girls and I will stay here until Thursday then drive home and get up Friday and drive to Houston to take care of Mike's mom for the weekend. UNLESS, of course, Hurricane Ike changes our plans. We're keeping an eye on him!

4 comments:

S and J said...

Praying for your sweet momma!!!

Angie said...

You are becoming quite the expert with toe surgeries! Tell you Mom I hope she recovers quickly.

That was punny.....keeping your "eye" on Hurrican Ike. I hope it just fizzles out.

I MISS YOU

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I hope your mom recovers quickly...and I hope you recover from AWANAS. Man...that's a BIG job, Kecia.

t marie said...

I love the header photos of your girls as they "walk on their journeys."