Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a great week!

Our week that started out like this:

Ended up like this:


With this in the middle:



Last weekend we got soooo much rain--I was afraid we were going to grow webbed feet. Then the sun came out, and boom! It's summer. We had 90 degree weather several days this week--we worked in the garden, played in the sprinkler and water hose, and played outside a lot. I love it.
Wednesday night for AWANA we went to "Birthday Express" in McNeil, where the kids got to play on a bunch of inflatables. They had so much fun, and there were only about 6 minor injuries...
Friday Rebecca had a luau at preschool, which Mike attended because I was at the home school coop "field day". We had about 20 kids show up, which was really good, and they played lots of fun relays and games then had pizza and ice cream. I love the feeling of being in the sun after not seeing it for so long.
That night we met 19 of our college students at "Golf World" in Texarkana and played--they have putt-putt, go-carts, a climbing wall, and batting cages. We had so much fun. Mike gets a little crazy on the go-cart track. Jessica was big enough to drive herself, and she loved it. She also reached the top of the climbing wall, and Mikayla made it higher than I expected--about a third of the way! It was really a great week.
The downside of the week: I wanted to put a picture of our 3 new goldfish we got last week, but 2 of them, Spot and Bubbles, have already died. Only Tiger is left. We'll see how long he lasts...
Tomorrow we're driving to Hope to help with a spaghetti feed fund raiser for our trip to Mozambique. We leave 2 weeks from Monday!!!

1 comment:

Angel Cranston said...

Aww....what a cute kid with Rebecca!!!!