I'm having so much fun! Our flight to Maputo was uneventful and quick. We got off the plane and went through immigration and everything-they searched my suitcase because of the water filters I was bringing the missionaries. They searched Lauren's, too, and we're not sure why--it was just a sleeping bag and pillow! Miracle #1: all of our luggage made it here. It was great to see Chuck and Ang--hardly got to hug them, we were all so crowded and had full hands. She fell and cut herself up before we got there. :(
I rode with her & all the luggage. Saw lots of old dilapidated houses, crazy driving, beautiful people. The Lechner's house is very nice--wood floors, high ceilings, gated courtyards. We ate lunch right away, got our rooms figured out, showered and went to the kids' school--CAM, Christian Academy of Mozambique--to do youth group. They played basketball, then a couple of crazy games, then had a snack. The Bible study was discussing difficult questions about God, like, "If He knew Satan would be so evil, why didn't He destroy him a long time ago? Why does God allow sin?" We threw them out there and the kids were amazing! Had the deepest answers, yet simple and with great word pictures. I'm looking forward to meeting with the girls again next week.
We came home and ate and played spades; I talked to Ang and we all went to bed. I slept GREAT. Woke up and got ready--Ang took me to her ladies' Bible Study--9th session of Beth Moore's "Daniel." It was great to meet all her friends. Very sweet ladies. On the way home we bought a few things at a couple of stores and from some ladies with veggies on the street and some guys with a fruit cart. We had lunch and then the group planned Chapel and went driving around town. I stayed with Angie and helped pick up the kids from school, and we've been talking a lot. I can't believe I'm really here!
(I don't know what happened with the spacing there...)
5 comments:
yes yes! God is good...our prayers are with you all.
Mommy I really miss you. I'm so glad you made it there safely. Who's Chuck?
-Jessica
sounds amazing!!
awwww@Jessica's comment!!
~Robin
Its great to have this blog to keep in touch!
I'm so glad you're having a great time!
Post a Comment