Thursday, August 13, 2009

Me, creative?

(note: Okay, so I'm more creative but apparently still technologically challenged. I don't know why these pictures are coming out sideways...they're not even sideways in my picture file! I didn't even take them sideways! Aaargh!)

I don't know if it's because of being cooped up due to rain or heat, but I've actually been feeling a little creative this week!
I started by working on Rebecca's Christmas alphabet book.

When I was in high school, my best friend Amanda and I both had sweet little toddler nephews. Her mother got us together and helped us make them Christmas alphabet books using old Christmas cards. I loved it. So years later, when I had Jessica, I made her one.

A few years later, my Idaho best friend Denise and I got together and made some for Mikayla and Rachel.

I've been saving Christmas cards ever since, so it's about time I got started on Rebecca's!
I've also been getting ready for home school to start, so together the big girls and I made these daily assignment sheets, which I'll write on with a vis-a-vis. It keeps us all on track, and the stickers make it fun. Well, a little more fun.

This morning I woke up thinking about the raspberry croissant I ate at Madeleine's Cafe & Bakery in Spokane,

and remembered a can of crescent rolls in my fridge. Hmmm...I spread strawberry jelly on them, rolled them up, baked them, and sprinkled them with powdered sugar. They were delicious!!
Now I need to apply all that creative energy toward the college girls' Bible study I'm leading this fall. I'm coming up with my own material, which I've never done before, and I'm recruiting and organizing a bunch of other women to help lead, which is not my natural ability. So please pray for me!

2 comments:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

well look at you go!!
and yum! jelly in a crescent. I haven't thought about that in ages!! Will have to do that for my kiddos!
xoxo,
Robin

Angie said...

You are very creative! I love you.