Jessica and I went to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, on Friday, with her friends Macye and Katie, and their Mom/my friend Rebecca. It was about a 5 1/2 hour drive, but it went really fast because of all our chattering. We met Rebecca's sister and her little girl there, checked in to our hotel,

then went to eat and to the mall!

Oh, the silliness! We didn't stay out too late, knowing we had the Vicki Courtney conference (You and Your Girl) the next day. Here we are at the church.


It was a great time--we all got to hear Vicki speak about guarding our hearts, then the girls split up into age groups and the moms got to listen to Vicki some more. Jessica loved her break-out leader; she was a crazy-fun newlywed. After lunch we got to meet Vicki and tell her how disappointed we were in the slide of her family doing an obscene gesture (hook 'em, horns--shudder). It was so fun to meet her, after reading her blog and books!
There were several other authors and speakers there, and Lifeway had tables set up, but I had to have money for a couple more meals, so I wrote down a lot of titles for later. I did buy this for Jessica when she asked, though--how do you turn down a request for a Bible study?? And I found a few bargains.
There was a "talk show" in the afternoon, and more break-outs and more Vicki. We closed with a special time of commitment where we got to give our daughters blue bracelets that say Proverbs 4:23, and worship music by the Sonflowerz. We had a good time, and heard some good things. It was also good to have time to talk to Jessica with just the two of us.
That night Mike and Nate Lowry picked us up and took us to their house for supper! I haven't seen Mike since they left Idaho, what, five years ago? No, I think it's six! It was good to get to talk to him. Poor Margo is recovering from tonilitis, but had us over anyway, and I loved seeing all six of them, and catching up, and talking about home school stuff, and hearing Margo play & sing her latest scripture she's put to music. Now I'm praying she gets better soon and EATS!


We slept in the next day, then left to come home. It was so good to see the rest of my family again. We're going away this coming weekend, too, and then hopefully I can stay home for a while!
then went to eat and to the mall!
Oh, the silliness! We didn't stay out too late, knowing we had the Vicki Courtney conference (You and Your Girl) the next day. Here we are at the church.
It was a great time--we all got to hear Vicki speak about guarding our hearts, then the girls split up into age groups and the moms got to listen to Vicki some more. Jessica loved her break-out leader; she was a crazy-fun newlywed. After lunch we got to meet Vicki and tell her how disappointed we were in the slide of her family doing an obscene gesture (hook 'em, horns--shudder). It was so fun to meet her, after reading her blog and books!
There were several other authors and speakers there, and Lifeway had tables set up, but I had to have money for a couple more meals, so I wrote down a lot of titles for later. I did buy this for Jessica when she asked, though--how do you turn down a request for a Bible study?? And I found a few bargains.
That night Mike and Nate Lowry picked us up and took us to their house for supper! I haven't seen Mike since they left Idaho, what, five years ago? No, I think it's six! It was good to get to talk to him. Poor Margo is recovering from tonilitis, but had us over anyway, and I loved seeing all six of them, and catching up, and talking about home school stuff, and hearing Margo play & sing her latest scripture she's put to music. Now I'm praying she gets better soon and EATS!
We slept in the next day, then left to come home. It was so good to see the rest of my family again. We're going away this coming weekend, too, and then hopefully I can stay home for a while!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a good weekend with Vicki Courtney! :-) I can't believe how old and how beautiful Jessica looks. Her mom is looking pretty hot too.
Love you
Post a Comment