1. America! We're studying China in school right now, and it really makes me realize how blessed we are. Even before Communism, they had little to no freedom. Thank you, Lord, for freedom!
2. My family--my husband, who loves God and me and our kids, and works so hard; 3 amazing daughters, when there was a time I thought I'd never have a child; a mom and dad who loved each other 'til death did them part, and raised me in complete love and security; 2 big brothers who looked out for me and never really understand how I looked up to them; plus all their families and aunts and uncles and cousins and, in heaven, grandparents. Even though we only saw each other once a year or so, I always knew they loved me.
3. Forgiveness in Christ. I guess that one should have gone first, huh? Please forgive me!
4. Modern conveniences. With as many missionary friends as we have, I am beginning to appreciate "little" things like plumbing, clean water, dependable electricity, appliances big enough to be useful, heat and a.c., cell phones, and the internet (thanks, Al Gore!)
5. The chance to home school. I never in a million years planned to home school, but God moved us to a place and time that it became evident that it was the best choice for our family, and I'm SO glad He did. I have loved getting to spend time with my girls, and feeling like we can take time to learn about things like manners, and a Biblical world view, and missions, and house keeping, and cooking, and purity. Now I hope I use this chance to the fullest.
6. Friends! I have been blessed with friends who love me and understand my weirdness my whole life, and I don't know why or how. But I'm thankful! From Donna Doyle in Mission Friends in Pensacola, to Mendy and Julie and Jenny in Virginia (and Mendy & I still talk on fb!), to Alyssa in San Diego, to Amanda and Heidi and Malinda and Lisa in Conway, to Angie and all of Flippen First and OC Bailey 3rd West at OBU, to my single & newlywed friends at Wedgwood, to Denise and Tami and Siri in Idaho, to Rebecca and Holly in Magnolia--what fun we've all had.
7. My husband has a job. With a salary that allows me to stay home. And benefits. And a very flexible schedule. And working with college students, which is my favorite age outside of kindergarten--and much less responsibility. He even gets paid to study the Bible--how cool is that?
8. Changing seasons in a beautiful world.
9. All the places I've been able to go in my life, due to being raised in the Navy then marrying a college minister--because we drove most of the time, I've been able to see so much of this country, and a couple places outside of it! I love seeing new things, and appreciate the differences in places.
10. Unexpected gifts. The last couple of weeks I've had a few! First, my Mom came to visit (we had so much fun together, just playing dominoes, shopping, getting a manicure, watching TV) and while we were antiquing we found a little shelf we both liked and she bought it for my birthday...which is January 24! What a surprise. :) Then, Mike went to our state convention and met my friend
My new shelf
Polish gifts
3 comments:
ryc: If I'd known about 10 on the 10th, I'm sure I could've come up with more!! LOL
xoxo
Robin
Wonderful!!!
That bookshelf is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I'm thankful for you, Kecia!
My husband is in China at this moment. Just received a phone call from him. He went out with his team for a rousing game of badminton, and then had dinner. Things like chicken feet and pig's tails were consumed. I'm so proud of him for trying them and so glad to have my raisin bran this morning. ;)
I really enjoyed reading your list today.
Post a Comment