Friday, December 11, 2009

Ten on the Eleventh (hey, life is busy)

10 things we've done in the past 10 (11) days


1. Sunday night (technically Nov. 30, but I'm counting it)--Heard Robert and Sharon Pinkston share about their work in Canada at our church's Lottie Moon soup and cornbread supper. I went to college with Robert and Sharon, and they haven't changed a bit! I loved seeing their kids, and learning a little about their lives.


2. Monday night--Attended a one night marriage seminar at Beech Springs camp. Mike and I got to spend a few hours without kids, talking about our relationship, visiting with other adults, having supper, laughing at videos. It was fun.


3. Tuesday night--BCM Christmas party, with good food which included cheesecake!, silly games, Luke 2, and dirty Santa. We got a $10 Sonic gift card and some funny Christmas socks!


4. Wednesday night--AWANA night--my most, um, challenging Cubbie wasn't there, so it went really, really well. :)


5. Thursday night--Magnolia Christmas parade, concluding with the Celebration of Lights at SAU. This is one of my absolute favorite things about living in Magnolia. The parade is short, but has people we know, and 3 bands, and I just love cheering for them and embarrassing my children! We watch from near campus, then walk over for cookies and cocoa, choir and handbell performances, and the girls sit on Santa's lap. We even get a free picture, about 5 minutes later!! It's neat to see how the girls have changed each year.







6. Friday night--Jessica and Mikayla's Sunday School Christmas party "Christmas Around the World." I got to share about Mozambique. It was fun and exhausting.


7. Saturday night--Mike and Kecia's Sunday School party for supper, then I went to choir practice, then I went back to the party--just in time for it to end.


8. Sunday--Hanging of the Green--Another favorite thing about Magnolia. It's even more fun now that I'm singing in the choir. We decorated the worship center, and the adult choir, kids choir, and youth choir sang, usually together. I just wish I didn't always tear up when the kids sing, it makes it hard to see my music!

9. Tuesday--made a gingerbread house. The girls did most of it by themselves!



10. Wednesday--AWANA pajama night + movie, followed by choir rehearsal...in my pajamas. It was fun, I may start wearing them every week!

2 comments:

Angie said...

LOVED your list!!!
And I love you.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

How did I miss this post, Kecia?

You HAVE been busy. Hopefully things will slow down a bit for you this week. And if not, then enjoy being busy to the FULLEST!

Merry Christmas!

Mer