Friday, October 29, 2010

"Slow down!"

That's what I keep telling myself, and I'm trying to figure out a way to do it!
It's been another crazy week. Last Saturday the girls and I went to a "pumpkin patch" in El Dorado, which was actually a bunch of pumpkins at a church under a tree, but they did have a hay ride, tire swing, face painting, crafts, etc., so it was a lot of fun.



That night we had a Sunday School class party--cooking hot dogs & s'mores over a bonfire (the burn ban was lifted just in time!) and another hayride.
Sunday Mike left for our state convention in Jonesboro, so I was single-parenting for a few days. Jessica and the rest of the jr. high girls at our church got to participate with a signing/dance/drama-type group at our church (I obviously don't know quite how to describe it) that morning, and it was so beautiful. They did "Wonderful," by Pocket Full of Rocks, and I video recorded it, but can't get it to upload. It made me teary. :) That night the youth choir did their musical at a church in Smackover, and Mikayla and I drove over to see it.

In a place I'd never been before. With no gps. And I left my phone at home. I missed one turn on the way there and almost ended up in Mt. Holly, but I figured it out and we still got there on time! The way home was even scarier because of the dark and fog and tornado watch, but we made it just fine.
Tuesday night was a costume party at the BCM, and even I dressed up! We had fun.




Wednesday night was our church's harvest festival, which I always love. I marvelled at how Rebecca has changed in a year. Last year she clung to me, and we did all the booths together. This year, I lost her before we even got into the building! Jessica worked a booth, which means she still got to dress up, and I was glad. :)
Yesterday was the craziest. The girls all had dentist appointments in the morning. We went from there to get our flu shots (side note: I promised them Sonic treats after their shots. They ended up getting the mist, so I said they didn't need treats, right? They disagreed. We went to Sonic. Mostly because I needed/wanted a Java Chiller.). After lunch we had our library home school hour Halloween party, then got home in time for piano lessons.

That night my college Bible study girls and I cooked supper for our cooking and teaching leaders. We had chicken spaghetti, green beans, salad, French bread, and a yummy cinnamon sugar cream cheese dessert (The recipe called it "sopapilla," but it was like no sopapilla I've ever had. But it sure was good! Mmmmm.)
I got home around 8:15 and collapsed into my recliner to watch the Great Pumpkin with the fam. Aaaah.

Today my big brother and his wife drove my Mom down to see us (and to drive back her truck, which Mike borrowed the week-end we got stranded in Conway). We ate lunch at the Flying Burger, the best hamburger and catfish place in town!! And did a little antiquing. The rest of my day I'm saving for another post. :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Girl, I hope you were sleeping good at night to have enough energy to do all you did this week! Whew!!!

P.S. This word verification is "mumsdrap"? Give me a good definition for that one!!!

Oh wait.....something happened and it got changed to "nomplart"