Monday, December 13, 2010

Fun Christmastime Activity # 13

There really are 3 candles lit. I'm still hoping for a new camera for Christmas.
Okay, so we're "a day late." (and a dollar short?) We had a super busy day yesterday. Our morning worship service was our choir musical, and all 4 Sandusky women sang! I loved it, and I would have enjoyed it even more if I had been able to breathe. Thankfully I made it through my trio, and after that my knees quit shaking! We sang this song, although not this well.

After church we had a choir potluck celebration (Mike got to go, too) and then we ran home, changed clothes and drove an hour-and-a-half to First Baptist Bossier City to see their Christmas production, with special guests Point of Grace! It was...wow...a pretty big production! And very festive and fun. Point just sang 4 or 5 songs, and I didn't get to talk to them afterwards, but I still get a kick out of seeing girls I shared a dorm with on stage like that. And I loved their new song "I Wish"--please look up their video on youtube. It's so great!
After that we drove to the Louisiana Boardwalk in Bossier City. Ever since Thanksgiving I've wanted to go see this:
Doesn't that sound exciting?! Fun?! Snowy?! I anticipated a snow machine and perhaps a sled hill like they make at Six Flags. We talked about having a snowball fight and possibly even making a small snowman. We wore our warmest coats and gloves (which we really needed, because the temp. was in the 20's with a biting wind). We hurried through the cold, dark, windy outdoor mall and found...this:
Those are soap bubble suds being blown by a fan. We laughed so hard!!! It's a good thing we were so cold that we didn't feel much like playing anyway!

This is them "playing in the snow." If you click on it and make it bigger, you may see the tiny suds sprinkled around the ground where they're standing.
And from there we went to see Dawn Treader! Yay! All I'll say about that is I still like the book better, and was a tad bit disappointed in a scene or two, but loved the ending and enjoyed the whole movie. Except that my lungs hurt and I could hardly breathe. But my wonderful dr gave me wonderful drugs today, so I'm sure I'll feel better soon.

3 comments:

Kelli Stuart said...

This kills! I'm dying laughing here!!!! THAT'S the big fake lovely snowstorm?!?!?! Watch out for frostbite you guys!

Anyways, enough sarcasm there (which is my love language, btw). Just wanted to get you my new blog address. Figure it would be a way to keep people updated withOUT the hassle of FB. www.hippie-status.blogspot.com.

Kecia said...

I know, we laughed sooo hard! After the movie, Mikayla said, "Hey, let's go have a snowball fight before we go home." HAHAHA!

Kelli Stuart said...

That girl is too much!