I always stress myself out before a birthday party, wanting everyone to come and have fun and for it to be just what the birthday girl wanted. It doesn't help that I usually wait 'til the last minute to do anything! This year was no exception, as you know if you saw my quest for feather boas on facebook. I spent Friday night and Saturday morning making the cake, making our house fancy (with blue and purple tulle I got on clearance when wallyworld closed their craft department and dollar store spring things), cutting fruit and veggies, and making little tea sandwiches in cookie cutter shapes. But I have to say, this was one of my favorite parties ever.
Eight little girls came, in grades 1-4. Half of them are home schooled; the other half go to our local Christian school. 3 of them go to our church. And they all got along, with no drama! No tears! O happy day!
When they first came, they made plain placemats fancy by adding sparkly foam stickers. (Placemats=purple construction paper with prettily punched edges. In hindsight, foam stickers don't make good placemats.)
 |
| The hats were on loan from a party guest who had a similar party a couple of years ago. |
Then Jessica took them into the living room to play a name game ("My name is Rebecca. I'm going to Paris and I'm taking my raccoon." "My name is Kecia. I'm going to Paris with Rebecca, and I'm taking my kitten." etc.) while I set up lunch.
 |
| Rebecca has been special friends with these 2 since they were all 3 years old. |
Everyone seemed to find something they liked and had enough! The sandwich choices included pb/j, pb/banana, pb, fluffernutter, ham, and turkey. Plus we had crackers and cheese, and that yummy fruit dip for the fruit. I ate it all.day.long. I didn't even want cake with that stuff around!
 |
| Mikayla took most of the pictures. Including this one. :) |
 |
| And this one her sister didn't want her to take. |
 |
| This is the only one I'm in. One of the hats matched my shirt! |
After lunch Mikayla took them into the next room for a dress-up relay. I didn't get to watch, because I was clearing the table and getting the cake and ice cream (and sprinkles!) ready, but it sounded like a lot of fun, and I got Mikayla to take more pictures.
Then back to the kitchen and Happy Birthday to You!
Then it was present time...
 |
| I love the anticipation in this one! |
...followed by an impromptu tissue paper fight!
We had other games planned, but Rebecca got so many outside toys, and it was such a beautiful day, that we went outside instead.
 |
| bunnies |
 |
| trampoline |
 |
| bubbles |
 |
| swingset |
 |
| croquet |
 |
| chalk |
And before we knew it (or even had time to limbo, one of Rebecca's chosen games) parents were coming and taking our guests away. And I got to eat more fruit dip!
1 comment:
What a sweet party - raising them up to know that they are princesses in HIs eyes? Our only child is a boy so when he was that age, it was power rangers and dirt being stirred up in the back yard:)
Post a Comment