Saturday, May 21, 2011

Texts...

...I have wanted to send my family since I got to Slovenia:

May 18/19

  • We are sandwiched between 4 toddlers, 2 of whom screeched and cried all.night.long.
  • I wish I had a sleeping mask.
  • We have wonderful kids.
  • British Air: teacups/KLM: "a delicious meal"
  • British Air: sleeping masks/KLM: hot towels
  • We just flew over Sandusky, Ohio!
  • I can play games and watch movies (True Grit)
  • Just won solitaire
  • Dutch flight attendants are efficient, but not overly...friendly.
  • Remember the coffee that dripped on my shirt this morning? Just dropped noodles on it.
  • Just spilled water on it!
  • Flew over the Alps--they go on forever!
  • Are Amsterdam and Rotterdam...dams?
  • The Venice airport is named after Marco Polo.
  • Suitcase made it--thank you Lord!
  • Italy was full of grape vineyards and orchards, Slovenia has hills we would call mountains.
  • Tell Mikayla I just saw the car from Culdesac.
  • The broken hand dryer at the gas station in Italy had a sign on it that said, "Kaput".
  • We passed where the Lippizan stallions are bred...you should visit there, Mike. ;)

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I can't tell you how much I loved this post.

(clanchos. White supremacist nachos?)

Unknown said...

Glad you had time to post this blog. Hope you'll have time for more... Definitely you are on an adventure:)

Kelli Stuart said...

My texts back:

"Flight out of Amsterdam have we? Gotta love those Dutch flight attendants! I'll never get the scathing look I got when I asked for ice in my water."

"Sleep masks = necessity for long flights like breathing = staying alive."

Shellie Paparazzo said...

sleep masks are also necessary for camp! I will be taking one to Camp Grizzly this summer!

Anonymous said...

Too - funny! We are doing great here in Magnolia. Love you! Mike