Or as I wrote in my journal, "Things to remember:"
- We passed an Italian army base on the bus from our hotel to the city.
- It was easier to find our way around (and not as creepy) in the daytime.
- We saw several beggars, lots of churches...
| This clock fascinated me. |
...bridges...
...narrow alleys...
...street musicians...graffiti...
...masks...
...statues (Mary was everywhere)
...pigeons...
...lions (apparently they represent St. Mark)...glass (especially glass chandeliers)
...and, of course, canals
We still had a hard time finding a place to eat "lunch"-- after walking in circles in the hot sun, I eventually asked a woman (using un peu de Francais!) how to find the Hard Rock Cafe. We finally ate there at 4:30! Our waiter got some orders wrong, and it was over 12 Euros each, but it had free toilets (!) and lots of ice in the drinks, which we really enjoyed.
| No, this isn't our food at Hard Rock. This is seafood we passed while looking for a place to eat. |
We got back to our hotel around 8:00. I took a nice long bath and got in bed at 9:30, but I was too excited/anxious to sleep! My alarm(s) went off at 4, and I was pleasantly surprised that everyone was in the lobby ready to go at 4:45. We made it through the crazy line at the airport, got to our gate in plenty of time, and had a thankfully uneventful trip home. :)
![]() |
| Good-bye Venice! |
















No comments:
Post a Comment