It's bedtime, and I just realized today is the 10th! I've been wanting to share about my FABULOUS weekend anyway, so here are 10 memorable moments:
1. Angie (and Will, who was going to spend the night with Coleson) picked me up at 1:30, but as I left my 13-year-old in charge of the other 2, I had to kiss good-bye the feverish forehead of my 7-year-old, so it wasn't quite as exhilerating as I expected. :( Then on our way there, Mike called from Little Rock to say his car was acting up and he didn't know if he was going to make it home! So I was then worrying about him and feeling guilty about leaving Rebecca. The next time he called me we had a "misunderstanding" (?) and I almost started crying.
It was not how I expected my fun weekend to begin.
We talked and texted and made up before I finished supper, and he made it home to the girls by 7, and then the fun could really begin!
2. We went to Ouachita first--I always get excited driving onto that campus! We met the ladies Coleson works with, then were walking across campus when Tauna called, and she was waving at me from the amphitheater! We hugged her and snapped a picture before going on to the bookstore...
3. ...where we ran into Susan and Amy! It was so much fun! We were standing there talking and laughing and catching up, when I looked behind them and saw Carlos and Shannon, friends I had made in Conway the year we lived there before Magnolia, who now lived in Texas.
4. After a beautiful (and chatter-y) drive up to Hot Springs, we turned into Cupid's Lingerie by mistake and Angie shook her finger at a man going in there on purpose.
5. We ate pizza with Jennifer, Sandra, and Angie J., and eventually Stephanie. All of us lived on the same floor our freshman year in college, and eating pizza with them again was just like going back in time--I keep wanting to listen to the song by Huey Lewis!
6. Once Stephanie got there, we followed Jennifer to her dad's lake house(s). We got to meet her 5-year-old sweetie, then picked our bedrooms and talked around the table, showing pictures of our families and getting caught up, while Steph ate her pizza. Then we migrated to the couches with old photo albums, scrapbooks, and yearbooks. We talked, we laughed, we ate pie. I haven't stayed up 'til 1:30 talking in I don't know how long! Motto of the night: "Didn't Kecia have a crush on him?" Yeah, yeah-
7. Breakfast and coffee by the lake was so relaxing I could have stayed there all day.
8. Jennifer's and Sandra's husbands and kids met us at the on-campus bbq, which was fun. We saw Sharon standing in line, plus I saw a girl from my church in Magnolia that I've been praying for. Then I saw Shelly Breen, and noticed she was talking to Karen, a girl who lived on our floor our sophomore year. We walked up and said, "Hi Karen" and she looked at me and squealed and hugged me, and looked at Angie and squealed and hugged her, and we all 3 stood there grinning and talking. So fun.
9. The football game was hot and I got sunburned and it was really hot. We did talked to Dean Dixon and Snookie, and saw some people we know, but I'm not sure they remembered us. I was glad when it was time to go meet our husbands and kids at the Flippen lobby. We hung out there, visiting and cooling off, until some girls came in with a movie to watch; then we went to the Student Center for some ice cream and lemonade.
10. Tiger Tunes was fun, and I had entered my I'm-so-tired-it-makes-me-goofy stage, so I laughed a lot--at the show and at things Angie and I said and did. I laughed so hard coming out of the auditorium I almost wet my pants!
And now I've run out of numbers and didn't even talk about Cracker Barrel and running into more friends there. We got home late and tired (and Rebecca's still sick) but it was a great weekend.
3 comments:
You know, the guy going into Cupid's Lingerie may have been buying something for his wife. A friend and I ventured into one of those kinds of places for fun bachelorette party stuff...not everyone who goes in there is being naughty! ;-)
Ooooh, Shannon! I am shocked!
Not really-
I don't really remember the actual name of the store, just that it was lingerie and "adult novelties." And the guy coming out was carrying a brown paper bag and we were laughing hysterically. That's pretty much all I remember.
I'm not sure that store sold lingerie. It had no windows. And the guy driving in looked mighty guilty. :-) It was the best weekend I've had in a long time!
Post a Comment