- My Aggie-lovin' husband, who loves his Lord and his college students even more, as evidenced by the missions conference he took them on this weekend, causing him to miss 3 quarters of today's A & M victory over Alabama. But we watched the 4th quarter together, and that was a FUN football game!
- My three girls. Just when I think I'm a failure as a mother because my kids won't get along, they spend a day playing outside together in perfect harmony. And my heart greatly rejoices.
- Beautiful red, orange, yellow, and brown fall leaves falling like snow all around me as I drove down a 2-lane highway on my way to...
- Lunch with my sister-friend Angelina K.B. Lechner! I am so thankful that she and her family have moved an hour south of me, so we can get together and visit face-to-face. She is such a gift to me.
- Fuji apples sliced and baked in an apple pie--even the smell makes me happy.
- 5 sweet, teeny little 2-week old puppies whose eyes are just beginning to open. And their mama's pretty sweet, too.
- Unlimited texting. I mean, seriously, am I the only one who remembers scheduling one long-distance phone call a week, because they cost 10 cents/minute? Only hearing from far-flung friends when they sat down and wrote letters and mailed them? Now Jackie in Oregon can send me a "Woo-hoo!" text after A & M beats Alabama, and it's (almost) like she's just across town.
- 2 cent pumpkins!!! 2 CENTS!! You can't even buy a gum ball for 2 cents anymore! I bought a bunch to decorate my front porch even though I'm leaving town Wednesday and won't be back until after Thanksgiving.
- Billy Graham. We caught a little of the show honoring him on his birthday earlier this week--what amazing passion and faithfulness and fruit that man has shown in his life. I pray we don't drop the ball.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder. (Don't laugh at me!) Rebecca and I are reading Little House in the Big Woods in anticipation of our visit to the Little House museum when we're in Missouri this Thursday for my nephew Jason and his wife Kelli's missionary appointment service. (By the way--they are the ones I'm really thankful for.) I couldn't tell you how many times I've read that book, and I'm still enjoying it! Just reading about all the vegetables in the attic makes me feel all cozy.
"for we walk by faith, not by sight--" (2 Cor. 5:7) from Atlanta to Chicago to Pensacola to Dale City (Virginia) to San Diego to Conway to Ouachita to Fort Worth to Lewiston to Moscow (Idaho) to Conway to Magnolia...
Saturday, November 10, 2012
A Thankful 10 on the Tenth
Today I am thankful for...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woo-Hoo!
We're so thankful for you guys too and can't wait to see you Thursday! Just look for the only pregnant lady. Well, I'm not the ONLY pregnant lady, but I' m definitely the only visibly pregnant lady.
Love your list - especially the Little House in the Prairie. Enjoy your time in MO!
Post a Comment