Friday, December 21, 2012

Aaand 4 days before Christmas, here's "Thanksgiving Vacation Part 2"

When the girls and I went to Springfield, Missouri, for the appointment service, we followed my brother Mark and my Mom up the twisty-turny Ozark highways, and it was sooo beautiful! Most of the fall leaves had already fallen, unfortunately, but enough were still there to make my girls get tired of hearing, "Oooo, look over there! Look at that view!" They humored me.
After lunch we separated from Mark and Mom and drove over to Mansfield to the Laura Ingalls Wilder home and museum. As we were driving, I saw this sign:
Well, I got very excited and got Jessica to try to get a picture of the sign. More about that later.

I l-o-v-e-d the Laura museum! We saw so many things from the books, and everybody saw something they thought was cool. We weren't allowed to take any pictures inside, but here's the outside.
 Almanzo built the entire house, floor to ceiling, including the chimney, the kitchen cabinets, and most of the furnishings. They were an amazing couple.
After we'd seen everything, we were driving to our hotel and I started seeing the signs again and told Jessica to try to get a picture. She said, "Well, okay, but there's a REAL buggy!"



As you can tell, we were pretty excited about that. :) We don't see Amish/Mennonites very often in Arkansas.
 

No comments: