Friday, January 4, 2013

Twelve Days (or Moments) of Christmas 2012

1. Christmas parade and SAU Celebration of Lights
Still my favorite thing in Magnolia! We met at the BCM as usual, and watched the parade with students. But this year Mikayla and Rebecca were in the parade, on the American Heritage Girls float! After the parade we walked over to campus and listened to the bands and choirs and saw Santa
. As we were standing in line to sit on his lap, Rebecca said, "I really just want a candy cane. I know he's not the real Santa."



Jessica with some of our girls

2. Why is decorating for Christmas so much more fun than UN-decorating? :) This year was so busy with unexpected things that Jessica and Mikayla put our fake tree together, then Mike put the lights on and we were all home to hang the ornaments. We could never get our real tree to stand straight, but I still love it best of all.

 
I like the "glasses on his head" look. :)




 
 
3. The bad news is, my mom had a stress fracture in her heel. Which hurts me every time I say it. The good news is, the girls and I drove up to help her the week that my brother's church had "Bethlehem Revisited!" The last time I went Rebecca was 2, so we went again, just the two of us, so she will actually remember it. They do such a good job, and Rebecca and I really got into the spirit of it. One of the things that made me laugh was when you first get there and register, they call it the census. :)
It was much colder in Conway than we were prepared for, so Rebecca wore my mom's red cape and scarf.
My niece Whitney worked at the butter and cheese shop.

3. One of Jessica's favorite things to do during the Christmas season is bake, and make goodie plates for our friends and neighbors. We make the same things every year--it's tradition!
We make gingerbread first.


We also make sugar cookies-

And red velvet cake balls-
And Ritz-cracker-thingies, and white chocolate covered pretzels and peppermint bark and fudge (which wasn't very good).

TO BE CONTINUED...





No comments: