Thursday, May 28, 2015

More painting and a hike!

Painted again this morning! I started on a different house today with Eddie, Mikaela, Kiana, Megan, and Sarah. Once as I painted a gecko dropped from under my brush--I had painted him white! My group was getting hungry and saying how they hoped we would have tacos for lunch, and when we went into the plantation house for lunch, guess what: taco salad! God spoils us.






After lunch we hiked to the point--the westernmost tip of the island! It's two miles out and two miles back. The ocean was gorgeous, crashing against black volcanic rock, making arches and holes--just beautiful.
























At the end of the trail is a nature preserve where we saw albatross and three big fat monk seals! The water felt wonderful on my hot feet. And we walked around the tidal pools seeing coral, sea urchins, and little colorful fish. On our way back we saw lifeguards looking for a kayaker in distress and stopped and prayed for him.
albatross chicks







albatross

monk seals

My feet are in water, it's just really clear!







I was so tired and achy by the time we reached the car. But I was re-energized when I saw one of the things I was hoping to see here--a rainbow! Then I saw another, and another!
After supper the students walked to the beach, but Mike and I did laundry and watched the sunset from the second floor lanae. Best sunset yet!

No comments: