Tuesday, September 10, 2019

2nd post! Memories of my years at Wedgwood Baptist Church, taken from my journal (maybe slightly edited)😉







September 1, 1991
Chris and Ridley apologized to me and Karry and Beverly this morning [for not calling us to go to Ranger game]- -said they didn’t call because they didn’t go to the game. We forgave them, and we all went to lunch at the Black-eyed Pea after church. 13 of us! Fun. Beverly and I went shopping at Hulen Mall — I bought a skirt, 2 shirts, and 3 pair of shorts for under $70! We had fun. Went to choir practice and sang in ladies choir. Chris and Jenifer Norris were at church tonight. Crazy. I had fun smiling at everybody from the choir loft. We got to sit in the pews for the sermon, which was preached directly to me, about forgiveness, giving up rights, brotherly love. Ouch. Chris Keys asked us + Amy to a picnic tomorrow. After church we went to Ken, Allen, and Tom’s and watched "Home Alone." Laughed  a lot. We had another long relationship discussion in the kitchen—Sydney, Beverly, Russell, Ken, Sam White, Scott Bissell and his friend Andy, Tom, Doug, and Allen. Interesting. Stayed ‘til midnight. I don’t know who to like or why I avoid commitment like the plague.



September 8, 1991
God has taught me a lot today - I've felt Him moving in a way I've been missing. I sang in singles choir this morning - lots more showed up than practiced. Steve Maness sang, "He's all you need" - beautiful, and gave me such peace. I told him it ministered to my heart and he hugged me and cried. Sunday School was on prayer, and I've been so lazy lately, rushing through prayer to get to school. Pot luck lunch - delicious. We sat with a guy who's going to be a missionary in Zambia. Foreign missions still excites me so much. I cleaned house and napped this afternoon, then went to church with Beverly. It was on prayer also, and we had a Prayer & Share at the Osiek's. We prayed for almost two hours, and cried and sang. We were being really honest. Sydney started it, for me. Her honesty inspired me to examine my heart, my motives, and most of all my priorities. They've been all wrong. I haven't been seeing Como as my mission field, but as my job, and that is so wrong. God, help me to serve you there...


No comments: