Friday, February 25, 2022

2022 LLYMI cruise!


 This year's cruise was different from previous years in so many ways...

1. Because of Covid restrictions, the ship was only 40% full. Which is bad financially for Family Life, but made it super easy to find a deck chair or a place in the hot tub, and shorter lines at the slides! We also had our cabin upgraded and ended up with this huge balcony...more like a deck!

I wore a mask more than I have the whole pandemic!




2. Mike and I were given roles of greater responsibility and longer hours, which was actually pretty tiring, but thankfully we still had time to do our favorite things: eat yummy food, lay by the pool, sit in the hot tub, and go in at two ports. 



Chocolate tart


Wedding cake for after the vow renewal ceremony

Teriyaki beef


Valentine's Day dessert buffet






Best penne carbonara ever




We got to go to Maho Beach in St. Maarten, where the airplanes come in super low! I loved seeing them land, and Mike loved standing in the jet blast as they took off. Me, not so much. I tried to video him during take-off, but the sand blew so hard it hurt! So I took off for the water.









While Mike enjoyed the planes, I enjoyed the water and the veiw!



Why would this dude pick this thing up?! Scary!



We didn't get off the ship in St. Thomas, but we did enjoy this beautiful view when we weren't working! (And I got my first massage😊)




I love watching the couples worship and pray together.

We also spent a day snorkeling at Coco Cay, which truly was *almost* a perfect day! We saw so many beautiful fish, and just enjoyed being together. I did not, however, enjoy being stung by a jelly fish. (or maybe fire coral, according to one man we talked to. I didn't see what got me and they're both pretty much the same.) I healed quickly though!











3. We received devastating news of a family tragedy when we woke up in Orlando the day before we set sail. So while I did have fun and enjoy every day, I also cried every day, and felt guilty having fun when they rest of our family was hurting so badly. We were able to leave our duties for some alone time in our room to watch the memorial service for our one-year-old great niece, which was extremely difficult but also gave me hope.

One thing that stayed the same...I got bronchitis the week we got home. :/ Mike says we can't go on any more cruises if I get sick every time, but if there is another one, I bet I can talk him into it. Here's hoping Family Life raises enough money to bring back the LLYMI cruise in 2024!

No comments: