Sunday, March 2, 2008

Whew!

Wow, this is the first chance I've had in a while to sit down and catch up on reading and writing. Life with kids is a whirlwind, isn't it! Here's a run-down of our lives since the middle of Feb:

10-Mikayla's Hawaiian birthday party--5 squealing little girls in coconut bras and plastic leis & grass skirts doing the hula and the limbo

11- Upward practice

12-FUEL (every Tuesday night churches provide supper at the BCM for the students, followed by a brief talk by Mike leading into our small group Bible Studies--him with the guys, me with the girls)

13--Church Valentine Banquet

14--BCM Valentine Banquet

15--Passion (I know, isn't it funny? I love telling people Mike had Passion the weekend after Valentine's Day. The Conference. In Dallas. Without me! And it was an awesome time spiritually for all of them.)

16--Final Upward games, and playdates for all but me and Rebecca

17--Church as a single mom, Upward Awards Ceremony

18--Internationals Conversation Club. 2 showed up. Chetan and Punit. They said everyone else probably forgot, so we got email addresses and hope more come tomorrow night.

19--FUEL

20--dentist appointments in the morning--Jessica now has an orthodontist appointment coming up...AWANA that night

21--Source (BCM's weekly worship time)

22--We drive to Houston for Mike to give his sister some help taking care of their Mom. We stopped at the Woodland's Mall on our way in to spend $20 in Buildabear gift certificates we had been saving up from birthdays and club points. Every girl got an "outfit" and an accessory and we only went $7 over! ;)

23--The girls and I went to the Houston Zoo. And actually got hot!! It was a fun day. The best parts were seeing 2 otters chasing each other, fighting. Or playing. Or getting to know each other. It's hard to tell. I also enjoyed seeing the 1 month old baby giraffe, and a maned wolf chase a tapir, and seeing the zookeepers get out a binturong on a leash, so we could see it up close. This is a binturong.

24--We go home after lunch.

25--Everyone but me gets a cold. But we do get to stay home!

26--FUEL again. We took some of our high school and college yearbooks to help them prepare for the '80's party coming up. Funny!

27--AWANA Bible Quiz in El Dorado--This was our first time to see Bible Quiz, and our little Jessica and her partner Avery got 4th place in their group! It was fun. And we got ice cream on the way home.

28--Thursday is library day for homeschoolers, but our librarian called the night before to let us know she wasn't going to be there. I just had to throw that in because I've never known a librarian to do that before! Small town perks! It was also Source night again, but Mike was so sick he hardly knows what he said.

29--Homeschool Coop day. We did "testing" for Presidential Fitness. It was very laid back, but we got a nice little booklet with good information on how to keep kids fit. I want to use it and get us more active. We also had 3 pine trees cut down, and were planning on cleaning it up ourselves, but with Mike sick, he decided to pay them to do it. YAY! They didn't do the back yard yet, and the girls are delighted because they've been climbing and hiding and making playhouses. They're a mess--scratches and pine sap all over themselves.

March 1--We stayed home on a Saturday!! It was wonderful. I cleaned all my floors and did laundry and ironed. The girls played on the pine logs.

2--We went to our own church! Together! This afternoon Mike and Rebecca are napping and the big girls are climbing on the pine logs and playing Barbie, and I'm doing this and sorting hand-me-downs to get ready for spring. Our Japanese magnolia is in full bloom, there are daffodils blooming all over town, and our yard is covered in Spring Beauties. I love changing seasons!

So throw in school and work, and there's more information than you ever wanted to know about how the Sandusky family is and what we've been doing with ourselves. This Wednesday we're heading to Conway & Little Rock for a few days, and after that I should have my camera back! Then everyone can have what they really want on this blog--pictures of the girls. :)

6 comments:

Lacy said...

I'm jealous of spring showing up already and seeing blooms!! I long for sunny warm weather, green grass and wearing flip flops!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So glad to catch up with you! I like this idea too...may have to copy it!

Hey...it's anything but springlike here today. We have 6+ inches of snow and it's 19 degrees. ugh. It was almost 70 yesterday and my kids were playing outside in shorts. I really, really am jealous of your spring-like weather!

Margo said...

Yay, it's good to hear about you all! Is everyone better, healthwise? Or maybe you wrote that, I'll have to reread it. We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow and it was almost 80 today. CRAZY. I wasn't outside though because I had a fever Saturday and just stayed home today! I am SO ready for spring!

Margo said...

Conway is 3 hours and 43 minutes from here according to Yahoo maps. I really would love to see you!

Jackie said...

Wow you guys have been busy! I like hearing about your schedule. It's almost like living in the same town again.

Holly said...

Oh gracious! How busy you have been Kecia!

Enjoy a slow beginning of the week and have a wonderful time in LR and Conway. There's a neat homemade candle shop in Conway that we like. Also, in Little Rock, my favorite store was right off of W. Markham on Bowman. It's a little shop in a shopping center on your right, when you first turn off of Markham. The shop smells wonderful, is a little over-priced--but there are lots of wonderful things to look at! Across the street from this shop on Bowman is my favorite Bagel shop in the world. Yum!

Blessings,
holly