(This is word for word from my journal, except for the words in red)
"Today was Mike's birthday. Karry and I went to Eric and Anissa's wedding this morning--simple, sweet, pretty. Had lunch with Ed afterwards at Chili's. Colored contracts this afternoon, then took some disaster relief clothes to Ridgmar Mall, for Hurricane Andrew victims, then got my hair trimmed, then prayed at the church for an hour with Karry, Mike, Mari, and Bro. Al. It was good.
(Here's where it gets interesting...)
Then I ran home to get ready, Mike came over, and we went to Don Pablo's. Ate on the patio, breezy and nice. Mike was in a talkative mood. He's so cute. We went to Trinity Park after that--sat on a bench by the water, lay on a hill to look at the stars, sat on another bench. As we were sitting on the bench, I sang "Happy Birthday" to him (he liked the shirts, by the way), and he asked if I'd sing it to him next year...and the next...and the next. I said, "Mmhm...mmhm...mmhmm." Then he said, "Do you know what would make this the happiest birthday ever? If you would marry me." I was stunned.
(We had only been dating for 3 months)
My heart is pounding again just remembering it. I must've looked at him in silence for at least a full minute. Finally I said, "Are you asking?" He said yes, and I looked at him again for a while, and hugged him, and kissed him, and said, eventually, that I didn't really know what to say. He said, "Why don't you think about it, pray about it, and we'll talk about it, and make a decision by December." I had just been thinking that I should know by December. Oh my goodness. We talked for quite a while after that. Till almost 2 a.m. I think I want to marry him, but I want to be sure.
(3 days later I said yes, and 9 1/2 months later we got married. I made the right decision!! Happy Birthday, Honey!)
8 comments:
Aww! What a cute story! Happy Birthday Mike!
That made me smile so big! Happy Birthday Mike and Happy Proposal Anniversary Kecia!
What a great story! I'm so happy you married Mike. And it's so cool you recorded the events of the day and saved it.
I got your email and I'm going to write you back soon! I miss you something fierce. Wish I could call and chat awhile.
love you
GREAT story! I was smiling as I was reading along...Ridgmar Mall, Don Pablo's...man, you're making me homesick for Fort Worth.
I'm so glad you said YES to Mike. You guys are a great couple.
I love this...what a wonderful story! :-)
Thanks for sharing this! I really enjoyed your flashback! Maybe I'll get to meet Mike and your girls some day!!
You make me we want to kick myself for all the unfinished journals on my shelves.
This is SO sweet!! I'm so glad you have this memory recorded in writing, not only for yourself and your family but for the rest of us, too!!
You make me we want to kick myself for all the unfinished journals on my shelves.
This is SO sweet!! I'm so glad you have this memory recorded in writing, not only for yourself and your family but for the rest of us, too!!
Post a Comment