Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fair Week!



We had another crazy-busy week, this time because in addition to home-school and BCM and AWANA, we had the County Fair! We had so much fun with it, even though it was pretty small compared to others we've been to.
It started off on Monday, with baking and baking and baking. That night we went to the parade, which was 2 bands (the local high school and the local college), fire trucks (we all hoped the small towns around us didn't have any fires between 5 & 6 on Monday night, 'cause all the firemen & trucks were in the parade!), and a whole lot of beauty queens on cars. We had a great time, mostly because we went with friends! Here are the girls waiting for the parade to start.
And here they are yelling and waving at one of the beauty queens.

On Tuesday we entered Jessica's famous chocolate chip muffins, and she won first prize! That night before BCM we ran over to enter some cookies in another contest, but didn't get any prizes in that one.

On Wednesday we entered Mikayla's apple cake, and she won first prize, too!

On Friday we took a family field trip to see the animals and exhibits. It took us one whole hour! ;) It was great being there without the crowds, and getting to handle so many of the animals. Even during the day, with most people at work or school, we still saw people we knew, and saw entries from people we knew. So different from a year ago, when we didn't know a soul, and came home feeling a little lost! Jessica got to help this guy move the ducklings from their cage to their water. And we got to hold a chick,
and pet a cow,
and a pig!

Friday night Jessica spent the night with friends and Mikayla had 2 friends sleep over, but we traded back around 2 and took the girls to ride rides. It was only about 85 degrees, but felt SO HOT! We had a lot of fun, though. I love seeing them have fun.


We treated ourselves to sno-cones to cool off.
It was a fast and furious week, but a good one. I have other things to write about floating around in my head, but blogger was giving me so much trouble this weekend, they may have to wait. I couldn't even leave any comments, so I've got some catching up to do!

5 comments:

Margo said...

Looks like so much fun!!!! Reminds me of that old "State Fair" movie. I'm jealous...I want to go!!

Jackie said...

First, I would like to say that the girls get more and more beautiful every day and I am flabbergasted by the fact that Rebecca is now a little girl and not a baby. (Duh, right? In my defense, it can sneak up on you when you're watching it happen a post at a time from thousands of miles away.)

Second, I agree with Margo and think that next year we should all go to the fair together.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

How fun! I love the girls' blue ribbons, and their faces while they're on those rides!

t marie said...

What fun. I loved the photos and hearing about what you guys did. Congrats on the the blue ribbons!

S and J said...

The sky in that first picture was so beautiful! Great jobs to get those blue ribbons! How fun!!!