Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Things

Last year I had so much fun posting pictures of my favorite ornaments; this year I thought I'd show you some of my other favorite decorations, such as these "vintage" decorations I got from my MawMaw. I just love them!



The next picture shows how I've counted down the days until Christmas since I was a little girl. The poem at the top says:

From now 'til Christmas
Is the longest time of the year...
Seems as if ole Santa
Just never will get here.

So untie a piece of candy every night
Before you say your prayers
And Christmas Day will be here
For everyone to share.


I told Mike a few minutes ago that this is the first time in I don't know how long that I've sat at the computer for more than a minute or so. He asked why, and I said 'cause I've been too busy living life to sit down and chronicle it! I don't mind the busy-ness of this time of year, though, when it involves more of my favorite things, like listening to children sing at church. It has always made me cry, even before I had kids of my own up there! I think it's because they look so sweet and innocent and sincere, and I'm praying with all my heart they stay that way. (Can you find my 3 angels?)

While this picture is NOT one of my favorite things, the new tradition is. Mike bought us a jigsaw puzzle by Walter Wick (creator of I Spy books) last year, and we had so much fun putting it together that we're going to do one every year! Warning: jigsaw puzzles are addictive!


Here's a picture of a moment I loved--a rare moment of peace! Jessica and Rebecca were coloring together while listening to Christmas music.

Gingerbread men are traditionally our first Christmas treat.

And the finished products always make me smile.

Home school coop field trips and parties are a new favorite thing. Today we caroled at a nursing home, then had hot chocolate and made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. They had fun with friends and WAY too much sugar.





I have so many more things I love this time of year...but that will give me more to blog about another day!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE the pictures....and I found all three girls in the picture. Do I win a prize??? ;-) I love puzzles too. We haven't done one in years though.

Kecia said...

Yes, there is a prize:
You have won a lifetime membership in the Sandusky family! This includes an always open door, unconditional love (extended to your family as well), and the right to be called "Aunt Angie" by my children. But wait, that's not all! Because you were the first to answer, you will also recieve a personal visit from myself and my husband in your home, in May 2009. Congratulations.

Jackie said...

What does second prize get?

Oh, and I love the look on Rebecca's face in her gingerbread house picture.

word today is: suatheds...hmmm...I got nothin'

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love puzzles too!

I also love all your decorations, especially the sentiment attached to each thing.

I wish I lived closer to you...I know I would love hanging out with you often.