I love Christmas! I even love the busy-ness of it, most of the time. It has taken time away from blogging, but isn't that a good thing? Especially after hearing Jessica say something along the lines of, "You're always at the computer these days. When we don't know where you are, we always find you there." Ouch. Anyway...
Here's my weekly update:
Monday: Rebecca's preschool Sunday School party! We ate pizza and cookies...
played music...
made ornaments...
and listened to a story.
Tuesday: Our last worship time with BCM for the semester on Tuesday. I love those students. And I love my husband. I love watching my husband teach those students. I had taken Rebecca to the potty, and was standing back a bit when he started talking, and I don't even know how to put it into words, but there's just something about watching your man teach God's word.
Wedensday: Cubbies. Crazy, as usual. 13 3 & 4 year olds, Christmas coming, and a thunderstorm. Can you picture the excitement? Thankfully the electricity didn't go out until after we were home. We walked in the door and Rebecca asked how we were going to watch TV! We lit every candle in the house, and made sure everything was off in case it came back on in the middle of the night. Which it did.
Thursday: Mike left for Idaho, to do premarital counseling for some former students (Brian Hammond and Katie Brittingham) he's marrying in July. We're all going then, and can hardly wait! The bad news is, he missed the Christmas parade. It was freezing cold, but fun. Especially afterwards, when we walked to campus and listened to the band and choir, and watched as they lit up the different parts of campus. Then we followed a path lit by luminaria to see more lights, hear our church's handbell choir, eat cookies and cider, and sit on Santa's lap! It was even more fun this year than last, because we knew so many more people. And best of all, it's all free! :)
Friday: My Sunday School party. I almost didn't go, but my friend Rebecca talked me into it, and I'm glad. We had good food, good company, and a good game of Dirty Santa/Chinese Christmas/White Elephant. Let's just say I'm re-gifting at the BCM Christmas party next week!
Saturday: I didn't have to go anywhere, but the kids had choir rehearsal and a play date.
Sunday: Hanging of the Green at church this morning. It was so neat to watch all 3 of my girls singing in the same choir. Every child up there looked so precious, and sang so sweetly. I get emotional when kids sing. It was a good service. This afternoon I skipped my weekly nap (gasp!) and made fudge and ornaments with the girls instead. It was definitely worth it. They had another choir rehearsal this afternoon, then we had a soup/cornbread missions supper at the church. I really enjoyed the speaker, and we had some mutual friends! My favorite quote of the evening was from Charles Spurgeon: You're either a missionary or an imposter.
So there you have it. Another week in the lives of the Sandusky family. Back at home we were doing school and keeping the house clean (trying, anyway) and decorating more for Christmas--here's Mike putting up the train:
And our 2 trees (we're so spoiled):
This picture almost looks as good as when I'm not wearing my contacts!
And of course, there was plenty of silliness.
Believe it or not, I do feel rested after the weekend, and ready to start all over again. Especially since my hubby comes home tomorrow!
5 comments:
I just saw Jessica's comment. We miss all of you guys so much! When is your next trip up to the Northwest? We'll take everyone one at a time if we have to!!
Who is Mike "marrying" in Idaho? Did you know Canon just got married? Crazy huh?
The word verification is "anstr" as in, "A trip to Portland would be the anstr to all of our vacation worries!"
woah. canon got married? she probably sky dives and does a million things at once. just like him. :)
i'm curious to know who Mike is marrying, also.
Enjoyed reading about the Sandusky's week!!! Love ya!!
TOTALLY know what you mean about watching your husband teach God's word. I mean...Hubba Hubba, right? ;)
My friend Rusty preached on the Trinity on Sunday (it's a church plant in the area so there are a lot of newbies). He used the illustration of "Mind, Body, Spirit" to help explain how it all worked. At the end of his sermon (while in front of the 60 or so people in attendance) he did his best muscle man poses and asked his wife, "So Nat, which part of me do you find most attractive?" She doesn't normally embarrass easily but Sunday was an exception.
Post a Comment