Sunday, January 18, 2009

Meme from Mer

Meredith, from Life at 7000 feet (and a real life friend), did this fun meme that I thought I'd join in on. Here are the instructions:
1) Choose the 4th folder where you store your pictures on your computer
2) Select the 4th picture in the folder
3) Explain the picture
4) Tag 4 people to do the same


This is Kate, who was one of my Cubbies at the beginning of the school year, and was one of Rebecca's best-est friends our first year in Magnolia. They have since moved to Bentonville, and we miss them. :(
Like Mer, I'm not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to consider yourself tagged!

She also mentioned "Frugal Friday," that her friend Joanne started. Well, today is Sunday, but I was frugal on Friday! Actually, it started LAST Friday, when I was doing my weekly grocery shopping. We took Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" last semester, and are trying really hard to stick to our budget this year--using the envelopes and everything. Well, Wal Mart's holiday clearance (75% off) was cut an additional 50% that day! I filled my cart with fun little under-a-dollar things. Then I put in all my groceries and necessities, then went to check out. I left the clearance stuff in the cart and watched the total, and made her stop when she reached my envelope limit. Ended up having to put ALL my bargains back. :( I had the money right there, but it was in other envelopes, and for once in my life I used self-discipline. I was proud of myself. Fast-forward to this Friday, post pay-day--re-filled envelopes! Not only were most of the clearance items I wanted still there, they were even cheaper!! I got wrapping paper for 12 cents! And a gingerbread house kit for 50 cents! (I'm not worried about it getting stale because we wouldn't eat it, anyway.) Also, I saved $19.05 with coupons, and I'm sending off for a $2.97 rebate. It felt good. :)

3 comments:

Margo said...

YAY for you!! I'm so proud of you! That's funny that you wrote that b/c Mike and I are just starting to get serious (again) about the Dave Ramsey stuff. I just came in here to type up my grocery list for a 10 day rotating menu...beans and rice, rice and beans!! The only debt we have left to pay is my student loan, which will take a while!!

Jackie said...

I'm so proud of you Kecia! Matt and I are trying hard to stick to our budget too. And like Margo I have menu planned out - but ours is for the month. $This month's trip was 98.67. I love WINCO! (plus $26 at the other grocery store for produce - blah)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That is AWESOME!!! I'm very proud of your self restraint. I struggle hard with that! Very cool bargain on that gingerbread house! We never eat ours either...dump it straight into the trash.

So...do you know that the Stamps family is from Magnolia? Kelly Martin (OBU girl) is married to Scott Stamps from Magnolia and their baby is in the NICU in Tulsa. Be praying! kellyskornerblog.com