Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Battle

I've been letting Satan kick me around lately, and I'm tired of it. For the past few weeks I've let him rob me of my joy, making me resentful and frustrated and discouraged. I've been praying and reading my Bible as usual, and that's all been good, but as soon as I get up or put my Bible down, BAM, something's not right and I'm upset about it and taking it out on whoever I feel is to blame or whoever's closest. A lot of it I've held inside, non-confrontational as I am, but I can feel myself not smiling or laughing, if that makes any sense. I feel like a black cloud.
So at BCM tonight, the first song started...I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame, I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord...that's what I choose. I choose joy.
Feel free to pray for me!

6 comments:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

good for you for realizing and acknowledging what's goin on. Consider yourself prayed for!

Hey..are y'all goin to Homecoming/reunion at OBU this weekend?

Jackie said...

I will pray for you!

(convo)

Angie said...

Praying for you sweet sister of my heart. I wish I could hug you too. Thanks for being transparent enough to share this with us. I love you.

Becky Webb said...

PRAYING! Thanks for sharing.

Margo said...

prayed...and will continue to do so

S and J said...

Few words but powerful post! Oh that we could keep our joy and not trade it in for sorrows. Thanks for sharing!!