Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall Fun!

Before and after the bad weather hit, we had a lot of Halloween fun.  Our church fall festival was Wednesday night, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  The kids played all the games, sang karaoke, jumped in castle-thingies, went on a hayride, and came home with lots of candy. 



Bless her heart, doesn't she look just like her mother in high school?

Jessica brought tears to my eyes when she showed me her almost empty bucket and I told her to go play more games...she said, "It's not really that fun."  I told her she's growing up. sniff. I'm glad she dressed up--she almost didn't.  She eventually did have fun with her friends.





Saturday night Mike took them trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, and again the weather was gorgeous--didn't even need jackets!--and they came home with boucoodles of candy.  Mom came to visit this weekend, and (in addition to taking me to get a manicure that afternoon) she stayed home with me to pass out candy.  That's my favorite part of Halloween! I tell Mike that carving pumpkins and taking them trick-or-treating is a Daddy's job; all I want to do is pass out candy.  I love the feeling of community it gives. 
You may notice Mikayla is now an old fashioned girl instead of a nerd. She didn't enjoy being a nerd, and who can blame her.  So she switched to this, which is good because, as several neighbors pointed out, they represent a whole era this way! Oh, and her dress and Jessica's were both made for me by my Mom when I was younger!

It took a while for them to settle down enough for a good picture.





3 comments:

S and J said...

Love this post. Love the pictures! Your sweet mama is just amazing, too! :)

Bits-n-Pieces said...

such cuties!! sounds like a wonderful weekend!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

CUTE pics. I love the Indian costume. Abbey was planning to be an indian until she saw the costume I wanted to duplicate. Then she cried.

It was going to be so perfect too...
Second grade does a Thanksgiving play and I already know she's an Indian in the play. AND they also do a until on Famous Americans. I thought she could be Sacajawea (sp?) and we'd get triple duty out of an Indian costume, but NOOOOOO! She changed her mind at the last minute. Argh.

Anyway, your girls are precious. And I have two kiddos that are outgrowing the trick-or-treating/costume thing too. ;(