Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holiday Happenings

I love the month of December...I just wish it would go more slowly! My girls were counting down the days to Christmas all month, and as the number got smaller and they got more excited, I tried more and more to slow it down. We were quite busy, but had lots of fun. I hope next year to keep it a little calmer and quieter.
We got up Christmas morning and the girls found the Wii that Santa left for the whole family. We're all enjoying it more than I even thought we would!
Here are the girls seeing the Wii:

I love Rebecca's face looking at her stocking:


Rebecca asked Santa Claus for a pink polka-dot suitcase, so that's what her daddy got her.

And he got the big girls mp3 players, the first ones in our family. They're not the big name kind, but we've all been impressed with them so far.

And Jessica got the boots she wanted more than anything.


After we opened all the presents we threw some clothes on and some in suitcases and drove (past some snow!) to Conway where we opened presents and had dinner with my Mom, both my brothers and their wives, the younger half of my neices and nephews, and my Aunt Sue. We hadn't seen Matt and his family in a year and a half, so it was great to spend some time with them.
Emily helped Rebecca--
Van is a freshman at Oklahoma State. It was fun playing games with him.




Kennedi's always the bow-head of the family!
(I just realized my brother Mark isn't in any pictures...he's been really sick, and the doctors can't seem to figure out what's wrong with him. I'm thankful his CT scan came back clear, but I wish he felt better. Pray they figure it out soon!)
We saw lots of old friends at church Sunday morning, and after lunch Mike and I drove back to Magnolia, leaving the girls with Mom, so they could spend more time with Emily and so we could go to the Independence Bowl in Shreveport on Monday!
We shopped at the boardwalk before the game, and I've never seen so many Aggies in all my life! The game was chilly, and Texas A & M got beat by Georgia, but we had a good time together.
I drove back to Conway again the next day to pick the girls up and bring them home. That was a long day.
And now I have all the decorations packed away; I just need to vacuum and everything will be back to normal. Time for the girls to make paper snowflakes for the windows!

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas...and extended Christmas!

I think the Wii is SO FUN!!!! I told my kids we were only buying family games for it but we haven't. However, the ones we do have are our favorite ones of all! Enjoy!

Bits-n-Pieces said...

i would love a Wii. Maybe after tax money comes in.
Looks like a wonderful Christmas!!