This month I'm joining Meredith's Ten on the Tenth from Collegiate Week at Glorieta, so here are 10 observations from our trip so far:
1. Driving down a state highway in Texas, we ran into a rodeo parade!
2. Turning into a chicken place for supper, a guy on a bike ran into ME! Scratched my van, but he seemed to be okay. As okay as a guy who rides into vans can be...
3. The sky seems bigger and bluer out here.
4. We passed dozens of abandoned houses that just intrigued me. And once, an entire town!
5. A roadrunner crossed the road in front of us.
6. I love watching the landscape change--especially the mountains and rocks and gullies.
7. It’s always fun seeing “family” you haven’t seen in years, even if they’re not blood related. We saw Matt Munger, former student/associate as soon as we got here! I miss his wife, Jackie, but I’m excited she’s having a baby. And I’ve seen other friends from the Northwest, as well as some from college and my single years at Wedgwood.
8. Buying groceries in Santa Fe reminded me of the benefits of living in a small town.
9. The air may be thinner, but it feels great and smells wonderful.
10. God is amazing. I haven’t slept well the past 3 nights. I drove my van the whole way here. I’m the cook this week, and still a mom to our 3 girls. I’m exhausted. Exhausted to the point of irrational emotional outbursts and tears. So I got a few moments to myself this morning, found a place to sit and pray where I could see the mountains and feel the cool breeze, using the book Face to Face by Kenneth Boa, as I usually do. My praise verses for the day? “Behold, You who form the mountains and create the wind, and reveal Your thoughts to people; You turn dawn into darkness, and tread the high places of the earth—the Lord God of hosts is Your name.” (Amos 4:13)… my confession verses? “Therefore, let us strengthen our hands that are weary and our feeble knees, and make straight paths for our feet, so that what is lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.” (Hebrews 12:13)…my closing prayer? “I remember You on my bed, O Lord, and I meditate on You through the watches of the night. Because You have been my help, I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.” (Psalm 63:6-8) God talks to me, and meets me at my point of need. How cool is that?? He never stops amazing me.
*Note: I actually wrote this yesterday. I slept much better last night, and feel like a totally different person today. Phew!
9 comments:
wonderful list. and thank you for sharing your devotional. i needed to read that. so good when God meets us at our point of need.
Hey...you should go to Trader Joe's before you leave Santa Fe!
And yes, I agree the sky is bigger and bluer out west!
I'm glad you got a good night's sleep!
Thanks again for your prayers yesterday.
Love,
Mer
I worked at Glorieta for two summers and they were some of the best summers of my life. God does great things there.
1-9... fun.
10-food for the soul. Thanks for sharing.
empty old houses so intrigue me too and a whole town would totally creep me out.
Your last one, your prayer time and that verse...LOVE that! God is so good!
#10 - amazing. God is so good.
We almost went to Glorieta this year but decided not to at the last minute. Hope you are enjoying your time there. It is such a beautiful place.
I needed to read #10. Thanks.
(immire - so many things I could say with that one...)
Visiting from Meredith's - had to say I love Glorieta!! I went there as a camper and have returned several times with hubby for some conferences. The weather is always a welcome break from the southern heat. Do you know about "Bobcat Bites"? One of the best burgers I've eaten!
Post a Comment