Sunday, January 9, 2011

10 on the 10th

It's still the 9th, but I know tomorrow will be busy, so here are 10 of my favorite (random) things:
1. Lindor truffles by Lindt. Milk chocolate. Ohmyword, those things make me feel so good I'm surprised they're legal. I got some in my stocking and I'm eating one a day, taking 3 bites out of each one to make it last. *dreamy sigh*

Can you hear the angels sing?
2. "The Middle" The first comedy to make me laugh out loud since "Mad About You." It has to be written by actual parents.
3. This jacket. My dad bought it for me at Sam's in Little Rock when I was in college a hundred years ago. I loved it then and I love it now.

4. Campbell's soup: beef with country vegetables. Not old fashioned vegetable beef, or hearty beef with barley, but beef with country vegetables. Tastes like what we used to eat on toast when we were camping when I was little.
5. Winter weather. It's snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sleeted from 9 am to 5 pm (YUCK) and has finally turned to honest-to-goodness snow. We're predicted to get 4-8".

This is all sleet and ice--my flag was frozen solid.

Still all sleet

Finally started snowing!! Rebecca is saying, "Look at my snow angel!"

Ice on the van

Happy girls
Can you see the joy in her eyes?

I told her to wear a hat.

My favorite part!
6. Microfleece throws -- I can't get over their softness!
7. My new silky pajamas. They're silky on the outside, fuzzy on the inside. So I'm cozy warm, but not velcro-ed to my flannel sheets.
8. Hearing all three of my girls humming/singing. Different songs. At the same time!
9. When I'm watching football with my husband and he says something, and then the announcers say the exact same thing, word for word. Even better is when I do it, and show him I know a little about football, too!
10. Spider solitaire--I especially love the sound effects on my laptop.

7 comments:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

ohmygosh! those are a few of my favorite things, too!!
#s 1, 6, 8, 9, 10...with #8 being adapted to my situation of course, since I have 2 boys and a girl, and not all girls! LOL

and if I modify #7 to "fleecy mickey mouse pjs" then it applies, too!!

:)
How much snow did y'all wind up getting? We've got about 7 inches.

Kecia said...

We have good taste, don't we Robin! :) We only got an inch or 2, and it's real icy. I'm so jealous of Hope and Arkadoo!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Wanna know something funny? I won a bag of those truffles at Bunco last week and I haven't eaten ONE. Because of my chocolate weirdness. John is enjoying them though.

Also, i can't BELIEVE I missed last week's episode of The Middle. My friend told me how funny it was and I've looked online and even on iTunes for the episode and CANNOT find it. Argh. Tuning in tonight for sure. It's stinkin' hilarious.

Glad you got some snow! Always a treat when you live in LA--Lower Arkansas. :)

Kecia said...

It WAS funny--hope you find it. I'm not sure if the kids are as amused as Mike and I are...

Jackie said...

OHMYGOSH!!
1) Totally agree on the Lindor Truffles. Also good are the Merci stick thingies.
2) When I was pregnant with Owen, I would whisper words to my stomach like, "Sports" "football" "scholarship" and "school is fun". My friend said I reminded her of Manny. That is his name, right? Manny?
3) We have flannel sheets on the bed right now and I have to tie my pants on at night because when I scoot up in bed to feed the munchkin, my pants and my underwear fall off and I just don't have time for that these days.
4) Matt and I are convinced that sports announcers have our house miked. Matt is always saying stuff right before they do. I'm always asking questions that get answered within four seconds.
5) mastyino...I got nuthin'.

Kecia said...

Jackie, it sounds like I've got some new candy to try! And do you mean Brick? He's always whispering to himself.
Don't we have smart hubbies? :)

Angie said...

I also love those Lindt truffles....can you believe we can get them here? Did I ever tell you about the little, old, Italian man who popped one in my mouth one day? My friend and I were walking into a new store in South Africa, he was the owner and was giving them away. When I hesitated to take one (I thought he wanted me to buy it) he unwrapped it and put it in my mouth! Fortunately it was delicious. :-)