Last week we made shortbread heart cookies...
Mike all but finished Mikayla's dollhouse she got for Christmas.
And it snowed AGAIN! Just 2 inches this time, and pretty slushy, but Mikayla and Rebecca had a great snowball fight.
I made Mikayla's bowling ball birthday cake.
Her friends came over and ate pizza, made bowling shirts,
had cake and ice cream...
took silly pictures...
and went black-light bowling!
They made up names by picking an adjective that started with the first letter of their first name, then their pet's name. Aren't they great!
And then this week, it warmed up! We went outside and played with our pets.
And made MORE heart cookies--with frosting and sprinkles, this time.
| No comments on Rebecca's outfit, please. Hey, we're home schooled. |
And on Valentine's Day, Mike made us dinner and brought us these beautiful roses!
But he couldn't go to our church Valentine banquet, so he missed hearing Mikayla and Rebecca sing/rap, and seeing our ministers as the "Four Sinatras"! I was catching this cold I have, and didn't even want to be there, but they made me laugh so hard I think it made me feel better!
We also had our home school Valentine party at the library, with 24 kids! Cards, cupcakes, and craft--a good time was had by all.
Yesterday Rebecca wanted me to curl her hair, just for fun, so I did! It lasted all of 5 minutes.
Last night the big girls went to a skating birthday party so Rebecca and I played "Don't Break the Ice," (she won 3 out of 5) and Mike joined us for "The Littlest Pet Shop" game, and she beat us both! I think she enjoyed having us all to herself. When J and M got home, we introduced them to "Hook". Such a fun movie!
This morning was Rebecca's last Upward game, and she scored twice!! And the team had pizza together afterward. She had such a good time this season.
And that is run-down of our lives for the past 2 weeks. Stat tuned for related videos...
We also had our home school Valentine party at the library, with 24 kids! Cards, cupcakes, and craft--a good time was had by all.
Yesterday Rebecca wanted me to curl her hair, just for fun, so I did! It lasted all of 5 minutes.
Last night the big girls went to a skating birthday party so Rebecca and I played "Don't Break the Ice," (she won 3 out of 5) and Mike joined us for "The Littlest Pet Shop" game, and she beat us both! I think she enjoyed having us all to herself. When J and M got home, we introduced them to "Hook". Such a fun movie!
This morning was Rebecca's last Upward game, and she scored twice!! And the team had pizza together afterward. She had such a good time this season.
And that is run-down of our lives for the past 2 weeks. Stat tuned for related videos...
5 comments:
Whew! You guys have been busy :) Hope you are feeling better now.
Thanks Joanna! But not so much. Sniff.
hate that you aren't feeling much better, but wow...looks like a great week! I love your kitchen!! one of these days we will remodel this one. it's just so small!
love the bowling ball cake, too!
so much fun in your family!
Would you believe that we've had almost zero snow this winter over here in Portland?
Love all the photos. Tell Mike that dollhouse looks amazing. My dad made a dollhouse for me one Christmas when I was really young and my little brother punched out all the windows on Christmas morning.
Ann, that's so funny! I mean...sad...um, never mind.
Did you get snow this week? I thought I saw some on facebook!
Post a Comment