 |
| I wish you could see how the sun sparkled on the snow this morning! |
We got more snow yesterday than Magnolia has had since before our time--2004, to be exact. The snowfall total: 3 inches!! Jessica is babysitting for a friend of ours tonight (her first real babysitting job-yikes!) and she told me it's the most snow she's seen in her whole (grew-up-in-Louisiana) life. Crazy!
It really was a beautiful snow, and the fun part was that it started in the morning, instead of overnight like they usually do here, and that it was actually SNOW and not just sleet, or rain mixed with snow, or all 3 mixed together. It was great, big, fluffy flakes, and I got to watch them fall all day long. And the kids got to play in it all they wanted and I didn't even worry about getting behind in home schooling because Friday's our easy day anyway. And we had 3 logs left from the oak tree Mike cut down, and they lasted all day long, too. I was really happy when the snow covered up the top of the grass. We made snow ice cream, and Jessica made the candy Laura Ingalls made when she was little, and that night we watched THREE episodes of Little House on the Prairie season one. What a happy, cozy day!
 |
| I love watching my birds. There's one of our daddy cardinals. |
 |
| And there's the mama! |
 |
| The snowbirds are sweet, too. And I love bird tracks in the snow! |
 |
| Snowman time! |
 |
| Mike helped with all the hard work this time, so I documented it and helped with the finishing touches. |
 |
| This was Rebecca's first experience with "sledding." That's Jessica's laundry tub with 2 scarves tied on it. The "hill" wasn't steep enough without help. And yes, she pulled her UPhill, too. |
 |
| Jessica made a snow squirrel--can you see it? |
 |
| She added a blue background to help you. Isn't it cute! |
 |
| And here's Mike and Mikayla's finished product! Yee-haw! |
 |
| Aaah, comfy TV watching. |
The week before the snow was full of school, house showings, coughs and sniffles (and a few fevers), church activities, Upward basketball, and meeting a friend's 3-week old baby for the first time.
 |
| Mikayla's radish sprouts |
 |
| Isn't she the cutest thing?:) |
 |
| When I held him, he snuggled up under my chin and it felt sooo good! |
And, of course, celebrated Jessica's birthday!
 |
| Opening her new camera! |
 |
| Birthday cheesecake |
3 comments:
Jessica looks so OLD and beautiful in that green sweater! Was that her lounging in the laundry basket? Loved the little video. Was Rebecca squealing? I'm just impressed with your snow attire. I said on FB you must be the only people in Magnolia with the proper clothing for snow-play! :-) That baby is precious and Mikayla looks like she knows what she is doing holding him. When are you having another one????
I'm SO jealous of all the snow! Send some our way, please!
Looks like you guys had so much fun...and I can't believe Jessica is 13 already! I'm sure I'll be feeling the same way but even...older!...when Lane is that old!
Ang: HAHAHAHAHA! When we have grandchildren. And that's Rebecca in the laundry basket. And it is sooo nice being able to keep dry in the snow!
Michelle, how old were you when you had Lane?
Post a Comment