10 things we've done this summer other than go to Slovenia:
1. Swim and eat watermelon! I love having friends and neighbors with pools. :D
2. Put on a musical at church (
Here's a video of Mikayla's solo/duet)
3. Went to Joyworks, our state worship camp for 4th-6th graders, with 8 girls from our church. It was at my alma mater again, and was even more fun than
last year. I especially loved the water fight after dress rehearsal! (which was over earlier than the previous year's even started)
 |
| Hummin' and Drummin' |
 |
| Rap with freestyle movement...Mikayla improved greatly by showtime! |
 |
| Our fearless music minister was camp choir director this year! No wonder it was the best year ever! |
 |
| Performance |
4. Went to see the Lechners! They are in the States, and just an hour away from me, when they're not traveling. The girls and I scooted down to see them as soon as we could, for sandwiches and a wonderful-but-too-short visit.
 |
| Coleson sang a song he co-wrote. |
 |
| And Luke, um...accompanied him! |
 |
| Like father, like son! |
 |
| My sweet friend |
5. Set off fireworks (and ate more watermelon!) (and brisket and potato salad and baked beans and homemade ice cream...no wonder it's one of my favorite holidays!)
6. Unpacked all the boxes! Yay! I finished the last box tonight.
7. Started painting bedrooms, with Mikayla's formerly-golf-themed one first.
8. Have been hot, hot, hot, and rejoiced with every drop of rain.
9. Started reading
for fun again! Right now I'm reading my Mom's copy of
Twelfth Prophecy, by Bodie and Brock Thoene. Having a hard time not skipping ahead...
10. VBS--Big Apple Adventure! I taught missions and Jessica was a walker for the 1st graders.
 |
| Jessica and her friend Jessica--or as we like to call them, J-dusky and J-willy. |
 |
| Loved my graffiti wall |
 |
| Did I mention how Mike helped at VBS? Oh, that's 'cause HE DIDN'T! He just raided the teacher break room occassionally. |
 |
| She's still singing! |
6 comments:
Sounds like a busy but wonderful summer so far!!
I'll take Mike's job. That's the one I want! The food eating part. It's an important job!
Sounds like a great summer1 Busy but neat! I think you accomplish more in a day than I do in a week...:)
What a great summer! And it's only half over!! And I love Thoene books. Hmmmmm...may need to start one of those at the beach next week....
Sounds like a fun summer ...Loved reading your 10......Great blog and beautiful design
Love the pics.....those Lechners are some strange ones. ;-) Glad you survived VBS!!!
Post a Comment