Monday, July 11, 2011

Another amazing (and full) day in Slovenia

On the next morning J.P., Josh, and Angie came to our room and we divided up literature to distribute in Ljubljana and assigned grids of the map to each group. I went with J.P. and Amber, and we went by the bank and the Post Office first. I was surprised to see that they sell toys and stuff at the Post Office! We covered our grid, but didn't give out very much. Most apartment building doors were locked. (We did sneak in behind people twice! :))
At noon we all met at the same place we at our first night there, and I split a chicken and "wegetable" sandwich with Amber--it was very good.
Dragon bridge with Amber...I think that must be a random sunbeam shining on my youthful brown hair...

Lunch! Mmm. That carbonara across the table is what I had my first night.

After lunch we split into two teams to go to coffeehouses to try to meet people. There was a girl with a big dog studying whom I prayed for, and after I lost 3 hands of Uno (and drank a Ladena Kava), we decided to leave, but I stopped and talked to her a bit. Amy left a gotquestions.org card with her. We walked around a little and stopped at a jewelry stand by the river, where we talked to a lady named Natasha who's from Serbia. When I asked if we could pray for her, she said, "Yeah, there's a church just over there!" I explained that we can pray anywhere, and she said, "Oh, that's nice!" We gave her a gotquestions card, too. By then it was time to meet the others at the market. Josh showed us the church at the Bishop's Palace on the way--quite elaborate--amazing doors. Then he helped us get picnic food from Spar (local grocery store). We got bread, ham, turkey, Gouda cheese, apples, chips, salami, and water. J.P. picked us up and drove us to Bled, where we got my camera back! Yay! I got it back just in time for our hike in Vintgar Gorge, a mile hike on an amazing river--I have no words to describe it. It was so indredibly beautiful. In fact, it was so beautiful, I think I'll devote a whole post just to pictures I took there. With my very own camera.





 The coffeeshop that gave me my camera back. :)

1 comment:

Shellie Paparazzo said...

Yaaaaaaaay to getting your camera back!