After our super-fun side trip to Colorado Springs, the girls and I had 2 glorious days at Glorieta. (Please pardon me, I'm feeling abundantly alliterative today.)
There was no day camp this year, but the girls still had fun just hanging out with the other campus minister's kids, and I was still able to enjoy the worship times by leaving Jessica in charge. The speakers were great, and I enjoyed the worship band (Chris White band) more than any since Mercy Me. I LOVED seeing friends from my past and from all over the country, and the weather was perfect. So nice to have a break from baking. We took our annual trip to Santa Fe
to stuff ourselves with yummy New Mexican food shop and sight-see, and Mike and some students hiked the mountains surrounding the conference center. (Mike got off the trail and lost his bearings...but that's his story to tell!) (Although I might be persuaded.) All too soon it was time for the drive home--left Glorieta at 5 a.m., pulled into our driveway at 8:30 p.m., fell into bed soon after that. Here are some pictures!
 |
| We had a little fun with the statues around the square in Santa Fe. |
 |
Ken caught Mike up on the adventures of Northwest Collegiate Ministry.
Pray for them! |
 |
| Don't those earrings and necklace look like a smiley-face? |
 |
| and the queer old balloonman whistles far and wee... |
 |
Outside our Santa Fe restaurant.
(I laugh every time I look at this! Jessica's going to kill me!) |
 |
| Look where they seeked us! Ha! |
 |
| Mikayla loves cheese. |
 |
| Breakfast in our "Garden Apartment" |
 |
| Playing...Indians? Wood girls? |
 |
Kylie watched the girls while Jessica and I were helping the search party look for Mike.
She's wonderful. |
 |
| We had supper on the grassy area in front of the apartments, with a group from Nacogdoches, Texas. |
 |
| Rebecca took this of herself, on the way home! |
1 comment:
Oh, I always loved those Glorieta trips! Thanks for sharing all the great pics.
Post a Comment