Saturday, June 20, 2015

Final day of ministry in Columbus

On Monday Rebecca was coughing and sniffling, so she and I stayed at the hotel and rested and did laundry while Mike, Jessica, and Mikayla did some prayer-walking for a church plant in Dublin, Ohio. The day went well for everyone, and we are at Five Guys before heading back to the Pastors' Conference. J. D. Grear spoke about what Jesus meant (and didn't mean) when He said, "Judge not lest you be judged." James MacDonald spoke about humbling yourself ("You can't just do what you want!") and David Platt spoke a word to encourage pastors by describing Jesus as seen by John in Revelation 1...and the fact that He is with us! It was all really good. And I got some free stuff. The main thing I got out of it was a feeling of connection to THE Church, all followers of Jesus from all places and all time--how we are all family. It was very encouraging.

No comments: