I'm baaaack! I was having trouble with my computer, but it's all better now, so I can tell you all about my weekend. The girls and I went to Conway (halfway between Pickle's Gap and Toad Suck, true story) to visit my Mom and we had so much fun! The only thing that would have made it better is if Mike could have gone, but he had ministry stuff to do. Friday night my niece Kennedi spent the night, so my Mom and I and 3 little girls (Rebecca watched) played Clue. Mom won. Saturday we took advantage of being in the "big city" and went to all the stores Magnolia doesn't have and shopped. The best purchase I made was...our new puppy!! We were driving by Pet Smart and saw an adopt-a-pet going on, and we've been wanting a puppy for our nice new back yard, and Mike had said to keep my eyes open for one, so...we stopped and looked. And fell in love with a teeny tiny little black lab mix who was thrown out of a van in front of Target. They speculate he's between 6-8 weeks old. He has the sweetest little face! It took us 5 days to settle on a name. We went through: Skillet (still my favorite), Scamper, Champ, Moses, Bojangles, and finally chose the girls' favorite--Dr. Pepper, Pepper for short. He's an outside dog, but sometimes I bring him in to cuddle, and he usually falls asleep. He's such a sweetie baby.
We left him alone the first night we got him, while Mom and I went to the Point of Grace concert at her church. I hadn't really listened to them the last few years, but it was an awesome concert. They released a new album, and I loved every new song they sang. And it still is so crazy to me to watch girls I went to college with sing with a national audience. Shelly is just as funny and crazy as she was back then! They came out on stage quietly, in the dark, stood real close together and started to sing a capella...then realized ALL of them had forgotten to turn their mikes on! They laughed, and Shelly said, "Is that the most professional thing we've ever done? It's a good thing we're at home where you'll love us anyway!" Then she talked about how we were all missing the Razorback game, and how she heard we weren't doing too well (sad story) and someone shouted out, "We'd rather hear you", to which she replied, "Aww, thanks Mom." Funny. I missed Terry, but the new girl is really good. Go here to listen and watch the new songs. Even my Mom bought the CD. And yes, I did stand in line afterwards, feeling like a groupie, and Shelly and Denise remembered me from OBU, and they hugged me and we talked a little bit. It was fun.
I enjoyed church the next morning too...confession...we skipped Sunday School to play with the puppy. And because of lack of sleep the night before. OH--when we were making a bed for Pepper on my Mom's screened-in porch, I suggested Jessica give him her "Scratchy" (her baby/security blanket and yes she's 9 1/2) and she agreed!!! Wow. Mike wonders if they'll have a special bond, with him sleeping with her scent and her needing a friend so bad right now. But anyway, it was fun seeing people at WHBC, and then we ate out with Mom and a friend and drove home. Pepper did great, was quiet the whole way. I love my new puppy!!!
6 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you're back! It sounds like a fantastic weekend! Pepper is cute! The picture of Rebecca with the puppy is great... she's getting SO big and she is so pretty! I really need to come see you soon...hmmm we are studying LEAVES soon, maybe we should go leaf- peeping to ARKANSAS!!
Your new puppy? or the girls?
Your new "baby" is adorable! I love his name, although I also think Skillet would have been a precious name.
Your girls are beautiful!
What a cutie! Definitely part lab.
And shame on you for skipping Sunday School! (Totally kidding. Even ministry wives need a break sometimes. Especially to play with such a CUTE puppy!)
That is the cutest puppy EVER! I'm so jealous! We are talking about getting one...and now I think I'm hooked!
CUTE puppy!
Don't you think it's so cool to "know" Point of Grace? I remember Shelley being hilarious in college. She had the biggest crush on my husband and wasn't shy about letting me (and John) know even though we were dating! She's a riot! So glad you got to go to the concert!
And glad you had fun with your mom!
Post a Comment