Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas music and more ornaments

Are there songs you've sung your whole life without ever paying attention to them?
Sunday night, before our adult choir musical, we sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"...have you ever noticed those incredible lyrics? "...God and sinners reconciled...veiled in flesh the Godhead see, Hail the incarnate Deity! Pleased as man with men to dwell...light and life to all He brings, ris'n with healing in His wings...born that man no more may die..." Glory!
Then the choir sang so beautifully, and our new friend David sang "Little Yeshua" holding a tiny baby...I was crying until Jessica and her friend Macye, David's daughter, noticed and pointed at me. It was a special night.

Back to the ornaments...

This bluebird is one I bought as a gift for Mike when I went on a trip with my friend Sandra to Branson, MO, (and Laura Ingalls Wilder's house in Mansfield!) when he and I were dating. I remember when I gave it to him I was secretly hoping it would end up hanging on my tree! The wooden teardrop shaped one we bought on our honeymoon in Gatlinburg, TN.


My Dad brought me this little doll from Germany.


Jessica's first Christmas...I can't believe she's 9!!


Mikayla's first Christmas...she was a millenium baby.


4 years ago last week I went to the doctor for a routine monthly checkup. I was 11 weeks pregnant, and thought I'd be in and out, so Mike didn't go. Due to some concerns, the dr ended up doing an ultrasound, and there was no heartbeat. My Mom was already on her way to visit us for Christmas, so she was able to be with me when we went to the hospital for a D&C. That night, my friend Marnie brought us the book The Crippled Lamb and this little Joshua ornament. It's very special to me.


And God blessed us with my sweet Rebecca a year and 3 months later! Here is her 1st Christmas ornament...which was actually a baby gift decoration.
Stay tuned...just a few more!

1 comment:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

The richness of those lyrics is the reason that Hark the Herald Angels Sing is my all time favorite Christmas carol. It is so beautiful!

I love your ornaments! I'm so glad you're doing this.

Meredith