Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Field Trip

We just got back from Logolly State Park, where we hiked and visited the nature center. We saw snakes, turtles, fish, bees, an alligator (behind glass), and ducks, and touched skunk and deer and squirrel skins, and live box turtles and a corn snake. Then the girls played on the playground. It was a lot of fun! The only thing I'll do different next time...spray with Off.








While sitting on a bench watching the girls play, I looked up in the trees and saw 2 little branches with 3 leaves each being blown by the breeze. They looked like they were standing up, waving to me. Then I thought, 'They're praising God!' At which time I started singing "And all the trees of the field will clap their hands." And they stopped waving! I guess that tree was just doing what God created it to do and was waiting for me to do the same. Then of course I had to sing the old Mercy Me song, "Ain't no rock gonna cry in my place--as long as I'm alive, I'll glorify His holy name!"

5 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love Logolly State Park, and I have pictures of my kids on that same bridge. I used to meet my mommy friends there with a picnic lunch and plenty of bread to feed the ducks.

Thanks for the memories!

Jackie said...

I love that you take your girls to so many wonderful places. They are going to have the best memories when they grow up!

Angie said...

Where is Logolly State Park? I love all the spring trees - it looks beautiful there.

I'll call you soon.

Holly said...

Oh beautiful!! The scenery ain't so bad either :)

I love the beautiful GREEN!! They say it may turn green here in CO soon. I'm watching and praying.

Have a wonderful Monday, Kecia!
holly

S and J said...

Ahhhh, I especially love that last picture up amongst the trees...I miss God's country!