Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Women of Faith "spoiler"

Here are some things I got out of the Women of Faith conference. The speakers obviously say it much better than I can, so if you plan on going to a conference this year, maybe you should skip this post!

Max Lucado: "Whoever" in John 3:16 means however, whenever, wherever, FORever.

Sandi Patty: It's difficult to be transparent and take off our masks, but God loves the real me and wants me to let others see me as I am.

Luci Swindoll: 2 Corinthians 12:9 (The Message) "My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." What is my weakness? What emotion tries to control me? Replace the word weakness with my weakness, and trust God's grace with it. God's strength comes into its own in my crankiness. God's strength comes into its own in my frustration. God's strength comes into its own in my...

Marilyn Meberg: We all feel abandoned one way or another. But God will never leave me.

Sheila Walsh: God loves the 1 lost sheep...and when we all get where we're going, there'll be only happy tears.

Allison Allen: God defines love, and if I have the mind of Christ it's okay if I've lost mine.

Nicole C. Mullen: I know that my Redeemer lives! (Glory!)

Now here's my favorite:
Patsy Clairmont: Did God always answer Jesus' prayers with a "yes"? No, obviously in the Garden of Eden God said "no", and Jesus accepted His will and took the cup. But also, in John 15, Jesus prayed for us, those who believe in Him because of the disciples' witness, that we would be one as He and His Father are one. When we love one another, get along, live in unity, we answer Jesus' prayer!! What an honor is that?!

It was an uplifting, encouraging time. God is working on me at home on other things, as well. What has God been teaching you lately?

1 comment:

Margo said...

I am hoping to go to this conference in November! I have never been to one before!! I'm looking forward to it!