
The Northwest Baptist Convention (Washington, Oregon, and Northern Idaho) has a yearly retreat at Cannon Beach, Oregon, for their campus ministers. Although it was often cool and rainy, the surroundings were beautiful (see Jackie's pictures here), the conference center was comfortable and had good food, and the company was wonderful. It's always good to be around people who understand! The downtown area was full of quaint little touristy shops, and 2 of my favorites were the bakery and the candy shop. This year when Matt and Jackie went, she said she'd pick me up some taffy. I laughed, and thought how sweet that she would think of me, and assumed she was pretending, like I do when I invite them for Easter dinner every year. (Don't get me wrong--I'd LOVE for them to come--I just know how hard it is to travel 2,000 miles.) But then today, we got a package in the mail, and guess what it was? A bag of salt water taffy from Bruce's Candy Shop in Cannon Beach! Isn't that the sweetest thing! When I saw the pink-striped bag I could close my eyes and smell that shop, and feel the
2 comments:
My granola bar is okay. It stayed down which is all I ask of my food...
Oh, and I'm glad that you liked your taffy. Did it survive the trip across country?
Post a Comment