made me feel like this...
so I really needed this!
This week has been VBS week--phew--which kept me SO busy. But we took a break on Tuesday afternoon/evening and drove to Minden to see the Lechners. We had such a great time!! We talked and talked and laughed and laughed, and ran to WalMart, and grilled hamburgers (Angie and I did it because the guys were busy. When Luke saw us his mouth dropped open and he said, "You started the fire? But you're WOMEN?!" Which is funny because neither one of us had ever done it before!) We also played 80's version Trivial Pursuit, but it was so hard for any of us to get a question right that we gave ourselves a wedge (something about that doesn't sound quite right...) for every right answer. And it still took forever. But I had fun singing the answers to other people's questions. Poor Charlie. He won, by the way. When it got dark we played with sparklers left over from CaraBeth's wedding. We had an awesome, awesome time. I love how our kids interact with one another. Now Angie and I are trying to figure out a way to have a Mom's weekend at my Mom's house! Mikayla and Abby looking at those Jonas Brothers.
Coleson and Angie learned how to play "That Thing You Do."
We took smiling pictures, too, but these are always my favorites.
Will was quite the dare-devil with his hand-fuls of sparklers!
See how the humidity keeps the smoke nice and low, to keep the mosquitos away? ha.
My husband is "sssssmokin'"!
See!
Here are some more VBS program pictures. It went really well. I had "younger children's Bible Study," which included pre-K through 2nd. Pre-K about did me in. Every day. But on the day we taught about Jesus's death and resurrection, the 2nd graders were all completely focused, and asking deep questions and making insightful comments...it was the moment that made it all worth it for me.
And finally, I rearranged and organized Mikayla and Rebecca's room yesterday. The bunk-beds Mark brought make the room look so much roomier! I love it.
6 comments:
Hey - cute pictures! We had so much fun, too! I'm gonna try and lose 50 lbs before anyone takes another picture of me. Gag.
I love the girls room! So cute!
I'm working on a date....we leave for GA camp in the morning. I have to go pack.
love you
Kecia,
Of course you are welcome to add me to your blogroll...especially if I can add you to mine. :)
Feel free to email me anytime. I'm also jenbh68 on AIM, if you do AIM.
Looks like a wonderful...and definitely exhausting...week! I love your girls' room!. :) We are about to redo the kids's rooms here...if I *ever* get this dining room/schoolroom/scrapbook room redo done. So...I'm keeping my eyes open for ideas!
LOVE the picture of Uncle Mike with the sparkler in his mouth! I was just going to let you know i posted fourth of july pics.
I LOVE the girls' room! It's so cute and GIRLY! I love the book shelf cube thing too! The picture of you and Mike kissing through the smoke is cool!! It was great to see you today, friend.
You and Angie look so beautiful!! I'm so glad you got to meet up.
Have a wonderful week, friend!
How fun for you to hang out with Charlie and Angie. Makes me sad I couldn't join you.
CUTE pics of you guys too.
Post a Comment