In one of the Beth Moore Bible studies I've taken, she talks about what there will be "no more" of in heaven, and gets the ladies to add what they're looking forward to. Some are serious, some are funny. What I'm looking forward to (in addition to kitchen floors that stay clean) is no more good-byes. I know no one really enjoys them, but as a military kid it does seem like I've had quite a few already. I counted up, and not counting the 2 that happened before I can remember or the ones that were within the same town, I've moved 9 times. 9 times of having to make new friends gets old. So I was bummed this week to say good-bye to Chuck and Holly, Kate and Grayson. Holly was one of the first friends I made here, and since her husband was in the ministry too, we understood each other. Kate and Rebecca had tons of fun together. Jessica adored Grayson. We will all miss them. The good news is, they just moved a few hours away and we'll probably see them every summer when we go to Siloam!
The rest of my week was busy, busy, busy, as usual! I hear about homeschoolers who say they finish school in a couple of hours and have the rest of the day to enjoy being together...well, um, maybe it's the curriculum I chose or maybe it's just us, but we take pretty much all day. Starting at 9 and taking nice long breaks. And on Monday I went to Wal Mart, Tuesday we had Journey, Wednesday was AWANA (phew), Thursday was our good-bye dinner and Mike had freshman Bible study, Friday Mike was in Arkadelphia all day long and we went to Logoly with the homeschool coop and that night we actually stayed home and played croquet as a family! Saturday we slept in (woo-hoo!) and bought 3 new trees for the front yard and new Sunday shoes for the 2 big girls, and that night Jessica had a Sunday School party that I almost forgot. Life's just busy! But good. And I did bake an apple pie this afternoon, so I know how to make time for what's important. :)




6 comments:
I agree...goodbyes are no fun. I think I've moved more than you (although I've only lived in 6 different cities)!
Our candles are Harvest and Autumn Wreath. Harvest is my favorite!
Happy homeschooling! I'm off to class ALL week...
I've moved over 35 times and lived in 19 cities and 4 states. I'm so ready to settle into one spot for a good long while.
I'm looking forward to not needing glasses in Heaven. Do you think there are colors, scents, and tastes we don't have here?
So sad to say good-bye to good friends...but fun to be close enough to get to see them again.
Your week WAS busy. Hope your pie was yummy!
goodbyes are hard for me. I hate goodbyes. I always have.
I also hate goodbyes. We also just said goodbye to some wonderful family friends who moved to another part of the country. So hard to know my sweet friend is not just down the road from me.
I'm so excited I get to see YOU in 2009!!!!
Post a Comment