Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Open House"

Well, our 1st 9 weeks celebration continued last night with a family "Open House". I was thinking about how in schools, it's report card time, and Daddy's been so busy lately, he might need to get caught up with their accomplishments. So the girls put on a program for Mike, highlighting all they've learned so far this year. We spent the afternoon baking cookies and pies, because what's an Open House without refreshments? After supper we put a tablecloth on the table, along with the desserts, the books they've read, their history notebooks and math scores. The girls got dressed up, I lit a candle, and the show began in the family room with Rebecca opening us in prayer. Then the girls sang songs, quoted the "we hold these truths..." part of the Declaration of Independence, read some stories and reports they've written, and put on a play about David and Goliath. They had fun, and looked proud of themselves, and Mike and I were proud, too. Even if they did get a little silly...
Here they are cooking:




And here's Rebecca exhausted after school last Tuesday (I just thought it was cute):

5 comments:

Margo said...

You are so creative and probably the best homeschool mom EVER!!! Great job to you and the girls :)

Bobbinoggin said...

i look forward to your stories about your girls. they're wonderful. :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

How fun! I love that picture of her sacked out on the couch. You're such a good mom, Kecia!

S and J said...

That is sooo creative! We may have to borrow that idea!!

t marie said...

This looked and sounded like lots of fun I would have enjoyed that day.