Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Week in Pictures

We spent Thanksgiving week in Texas with Mike's family...but before we left, we put together our fake tree, so it would be ready to decorate when we got home!


I took Jessica on a date on Wednesday, as suggested in Secret Keeper Girl. We went to "Tea for Two Tearoom" and had blackberry tea and a huge piece of chocolate cake. They brought the tea in individual tea pots with cups and saucers, which was very special. I was surprised when I tasted it and it was ICED tea! Funny. We also went to Build a Bear so that "Holly" could get stitches, and looked around the mall a bit while we were there. It was a nice time together. I forgot to have the waitress take our picture at the tearoom, so we took one of ourselves in the van.

We got home just in time for Mike's "bonding time" with the girls...a Polar Bear Run! Okay, since it was 70 degrees outside it may not qualify as a true Polar Bear run, but the water was only 50 degrees, so I still think they were CRAZY!






Yes, he even put my baby in!



That evening Andrea gave each girl a lovely polka-dot manicure and rainbow pedicure. They loved it!

Rebecca spent a lot of time on her Mamaw's lap. She wasn't feeling real well, and needed the cuddles, and Mike's mom ate it up!

And after a lovely Thanksgiving and fun Black Friday shopping in The Woodlands, it was time to say good-bye.


It isn't as obvious in this picture as in real life, but Jessica is now taller than her 17-year-old cousin!


Andrea calls Mikayla her "mini-me."
When we got home, there was our tree, ready to decorate!



How can you tell when a 4-year-old is helping decorate the tree?

4 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

when did you start letting the kids help decorate the tree? i don't know if i should let my 3-yr-old help or not and if so... i'm not sure what "part" of decorating the tree.

sounds like you had a lovely time w/ family. especially the swimming in idaho like temperature water. lol.

Jackie said...

I love these pictures. Matt and I wanted to know just how tall Jessica is now. We thought of you guys as we watched football. Mostly during the Baylor game because we know how much Mike LOVES Baylor! ;)

Angie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures because I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE your family!!!! Ok, the polar bear swim was hilarious!!! Mike is such a great Daddy - they will never forget that. :-) The picture of you and Jessica is so precious. She is such a beautiful girl - inside and out (just like her mama!). So sweet to see Rebecca in Mike's mom's lap.

We are going to decorate when I get home. PRAY that I can go home on Wednesday, please.
love you

Kecia said...

I'm now 5ft 1/2in.
I miss you guys so much!
love,
Jessica