Saturday, February 26, 2011

Changing Times

I've heard for years that as your children get older, your lives get busier. I found that hard to believe when my kids were little, but last night made a believer out of me! Jessica went to this event with our youth group. Mike and Rebecca went to a planning meeting for our home school group. And I followed Mikayla and our Awana group to watch her compete in Quiz Bowl. She and her partner got third place for her age group! I was very proud of her, especially when she buzzed in to answer a question in the microphone--that's the scariest part. But as I sat there watching her, I flashed back in my mind to the last time we went to Quiz Bowl, 2 years ago. She and Jessica were in different groups, one upstairs and one downstairs, so I kept going back and forth trying to catch their turns answering questions. Rebecca was 4, and I remember her being there, and needing to go potty, but other than that she just followed me around, sweet as pie. I sat there last night just shaking my head at how things have changed.
More on Jessica's experience later...

5 comments:

Choate Family said...

Way to go, Mikayla! Hang in there, Kecia, wait until they start dating :-)

Kecia said...

Aaah, Joanna, I'm not listening--lalalala! ;)

Shellie Paparazzo said...

Hi, Kecia! I know. It's taken me an awful long time to start following your blog. I was a little overwhelmed by the vast number of blogs I got invited to follow after I first started my blog, which if it weren't for Beth Moore's (by far my greatest inspiration besides Jesus himself) blog. I only started reading that, because I was so interested in her insights and with limited cash flow, buying her books was not an option! It's been the biggest blast of my life, though!!! Anyway, back to the topic of your blog. I can't believe it's taken you this long to become a believer!!! I have a Boy Scout, 2 Girl Scouts, a baseball player, and most likely starting tonight, an actress (can't wait to hear if she got a part or more like what part, cause I know she will!) and that in only 3 people! And only 2 parents and most of the time really only one (me)!!!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Amen, amen, amen. I blogged about this very thing today...

Bits-n-Pieces said...

dating??? who says they are allowed to date??

yeh..I get that busyness factor. It was really hard for me when trey was still playing basketball...in a different town! travel was hard. I can't even make p/t conferences half the time. :(