In honor of Wedgwood Baptist Church, and to connect them with happy memories instead of tragic ones, here is a journal entry from May 22, 1992. (I had a hard time choosing one out of this journal, and a hard time putting the journal down!)
May 22-Not much happened at school Wednesday. Church that night was a business meeting--I made a suggestion, and people listened to me! Kinda neat. Mike was there.
Thursday was an average school day, too, but that night I went to the Winan's concert!! With Beverly, Naomi, Kathy, and Peter, Kathy's brother. The concert was great. We got home pretty late, and I stayed home from school today and slept late, and did a few things around the house, laid out a little. I was in my room once wondering if Mike would ever call me, and about 30 minutes later, he did!! He just asked how the concert was, and if we were doing anything tonight. I was pretty excited that he called. We ended up watching a movie over here tonight--"Paradise." Sydney and Mike wee the only ones who came. And Susan! She brought over a dress for Karry to make, and stayed to watch the movie because Sam wasn't home. It was neat to see her. I haven't figured Mike out yet. He smiles at me like he's interested, but he acts so platonic that I wonder if he's just looking for a friend. I just don't know, I just can't tell. I wish he'd ask me out on a date--then I'd know. But, I am enjoying getting to know him better. He's really nice. We watched the last Johnny Carson tonight.
Okay, since you asked so nicely, here's another one:
May 29--I went to prayer this morning--only 7 people there. School was fine--I lost my temper pretty bad this afternoon, though. It was cool all day today---high in the 60's. We played Putt Putt tonight---met Stan, Mike, and Sydney at the church. It was a lot of fun. We went to the batting cages, too--I did awful, but had fun. I asked Mike where we were going (he asked me on our first date 2 days before!!) and how I should dress, and he said the Olive Garden. Nice! We crashed Ken and Becky's rehearsal dinner and then went to the Osiek's and watched "Gaslight." Pretty good. Oh, Karry heard Mike tell Allen we had a date--later Allen came up and said, "I hear you have a hot date tomorrow night." ... I just said, "Yep." I'm excited abut it.
Just one more, I promise.
May 31--I've had a good day. CaraBeth Walker was in church with Charlie and Angie--she's 9 years old now! I sat by Mike in S.S. :) He didn't go to lunch with us--we went to Jason's Deli. I graded papers and watched "101 Dalmatians" all afternoon. The choir sang in church tonight--I had fun with Sydney. We got to move down, sat with Ginger. After church Mike came up and hugged me, and kept his arm around me for a while, and kinda played with my hair. Then we leaned on the wall, talking. I'm going to his house tomorrow night to borrow his roommate's guitar. Tee hee. He's really sweet. We played Singles Jeopardy at the SNAC--I was the "hostess" and one of the categories. We had fun, I was being silly. Karry and I went to Ben, Kevin, and Allen's after the SNAC and played Jeopardy on Allen's computer--fun.
All my Wedgwood friends truly were are family. The good memories way, way, WAY overshadow the bad. The pain of that terrible day can't take them away. Thank You, Lord, for Wedgwood Baptist Church!

2 comments:
Sweet memories - good to remember that they do outweigh the bad.
"...Olive Garden. Nice!" For some reason, that made my day. Thanks for sharing these!
(chacca...kan!)
Post a Comment