Sunday, October 26, 2008

Life

Blogger-friends here and here have been bragging about their husbands...now it's my turn! The night Mike left for Russia, I found a card on my pillow. (aww) It had a clue in it for where to find a card for the next day. (AWW) Card #5 is sitting on my dresser waiting for me to open it first thing in the morning. :) I have the sweetest husband, and he really is my best friend. I miss him so much--I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call him, but his phone is in Little Rock. Just a few more days!
Life is so strange--laughter and tears and tragedy and peace and love and housework all mixed up together. As I said the other day, Mom and I honestly were talking about Jesus coming back right before I got the call about Wesley's dad. We were saying that it seems like more and more Christians are ready, and that we sure are. Then I went out to their house, and I overheard Mrs. Betsy saying one of their daughters was alone when she got the news. All of a sudden all I could think about was when I got the call about my dad, and I went out to my car and cried as if it had just happened. Then I felt guilty for thinking about myself when Wesley and his family were the ones going through the tragedy.
Then I came home to my girls and we watched "Sleeping Beauty" with my Mom.
On Friday Jessica and Mikayla had Enrichment Day with the homeschool coop--they did a mock election, among other things, and McCain won with something like 85% of the vote. I'm sure that's not a skewed picture of America at all...
Anyway, while they voted, Mom and I took Rebecca to get a cute little haircut (just a trim) and then to a flea market where she bought me a cute little whatnot shelf. I'd show you pictures, but my camera is in Russia. :)
That night we popped popcorn and watched "Anne of Green Gables"--all 3 1/2 hours of it!! And we all loved it.
Saturday we got up and went to the mall in Texarkana. We ate lunch at the Olive Garden (yum!). My favorite store was having a promotion--40% off the lowest prices of everything in the store, plus I had a $10 coupon!! It was so much fun. I had a good BBW coupon, too, and got me some Vanilla Bean Noel body cream-mmm. The girls took their money and found a Webkinz sale and a candy store, so they had fun, too. That night we watched "Enchanted." What a girl movie weekend we've had!
After church today we ate chicken made from this recipe at The Preacher's Wife, and then I went to Wesley's dad's funeral. The church was packed, balcony and everything. It started off with Wesley and Jane Marie singing "Revelation Song" and "Mighty to Save." The family on the front fow was standing with their hands raised in worship--it was beautiful, and sad. I know God is big enough to see them through, but I also know it hurts for a long time.
Then I came home to my sweet girls again, who've been playing like they're pioneers and Indians, and weeding the flower beds and raking up pine needles! I like this game. ;) And life goes on...

8 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

It sounds like you've had a good weekend! That was really sweet of Mike to leave you cards to find. I also love the movies you've been watching. I watched Anne of Green Gables the other day while the kids were in school...it's one of my all time favorites. I didn't get to watch all it though...I like to have it on when I'm home working!

Michelle said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! I've...been sick. And studying for a take-home test. I'd rather have your weekend. :-)

S and J said...

I loved reading about the cards from your sweet hubby and the great fun you are having with your girls and your mom. And, those are the kind of election results I dream about, amen! :o)

Angie said...

It's amazing that you can feel all those feelings in one week. I'm glad you had so many happy moments with your girls and your mom. Is she still with you?

Mike was so sweet to leave you cards. What day does he get back?

I've never watched Anne and Green Gables.....that's bad isn't it?? I borrowed it last year from a friend and never watched it. I kept getting voted out by the males in my family and never watched it when it was just Abby and me. I'll have to borrow it again.

Pray for Luke....he's got a weird eye thing going on and I'm worried. I'll email you about it.

Kristen said...

What a wonderful weekend! And what a sweet, sweet hubby you have. I will lift him up in prayer today! (you and your girls too)

The faith witness of the family at the funeral took my breath away. In the midst of sadness and a tragic loss of a father... they lift their eyes and hands toward heaven! God is good!

Glad you visited my blog... and glad I visited yours!

Kelli Stuart said...

Yea! Don't you love girl's weekends? It's so refreshing to be able to talk and talk and TALK to people who understand that part of you your husband can never quite understand (no matter how totally awesome they happen to be, like our husbands) just because they are a GUY!!! ;)

Bobbinoggin said...

what a sweet thing for Mike to do for you. hiding cards as a little treasure hunt while he's gone. :)

Kelli Stuart said...

just a little prompt here - i HIGHLY recommend you check out my latest blog post and see your nephew's halloween costume.