Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let's Play...Match the Comments!

To pass the time on our 6-hour drive to Houston on Friday, I opened a bunch of windows with all the blogs I needed to catch up on, so that even without Internet, I could read them on the way! It worked like a charm, except I couldn't watch videos...or leave comments. It was like listening to your friend talk on the phone and not be able to answer her! I couldn't stand it. So I wrote my comments on my word processor, and then I had an idea. I'm going to paste all my comments here, and you guess if one (or more?) goes to your blog!

A. Cool!! I didn’t know about any of that--we need to plan a family trip now!

B. Preach it, girl!! Amen!

C. You're so funny. I had a Willy Wonka-type dream last night. Which did involve a river of chocolate!

D. I would have done the same thing!! Butter is close to $3 here right now, and milk and gasoline are both over 3.35. But God provides!

E. Loved the tour of the neighborhood! And we have farmers selling stuff out of the back of their trucks in the Fred’s parking lot all the time!

F. I’ve been thinking about blogging about a typical day like this--you have now inspired me!

G. Monkey brains? Mango?

H. What is ata? And oh.my.goodness. The 3s were way worse than the 2s with each of my 3 girls.

I. LOVE Chris Tomlin!

J. Hmm, and I was just seriously wondering what the largest bra size in the girls’ department at Walmart was, since they are 2 for $10! Hey, it might work! And good post about the busy-ness of parenting. (But do you ever wish you could go Grizzly Adams for a while and live on an isolated mountain?)

K. I’m not making yogurt but I wanted to tell you--Rebecca learned about the ancient Battle of Marathon in history yesterday, and about marathons people run today, and I got to tell her that her cousin was one of those crazy people, THIS weekend! I’m so proud of you--and I’ll be praying for you.

L. Every post I read on your blog provokes the same comment from me--so adorable!!!

And for our big finish, here are the many responses that went through my mind after reading Angie's post here.

*Having been 44 for over a month already, I know what you mean. But why, I ask, with all those signs of aging, does my face still break out like a teenager's???

*They had phones in Shongaloo in 1973?

*I have a feeling I'll be given bifocal contacts at my next eye-dr appointment. Holy cow.

*Can you balance a spoon on your nose?

*Yeah, but can you sing the McDonald's Quarter Pounder ingredients?

And:
*Yeah, but do you know how many of them are now "on the other team?"

7 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE the comments you could have left on my blog.

Yes, we had phones in Shongaloo in 1973 but all calls had to go through Sarah the operator.

My face also breaks out like I'm in the middle of puberty!

Do they make bifocal contacts???

I CAN still balance a spoon on my nose.

"On the other team".....HA HA HA!!!

Michelle said...

Alright, D and E totally go to my blog, and if L doesn't, it should! :-)

Jackie said...

I haven't blogged in a while but if I COULD claim one comment it would be "L" naturally.

Jackie said...

And you liked boys that ended up on the other team??!! I don't know why, but I am flabbergasted by this information.

Then again, a friend from Elementary school ended up on the other team and the only people not surprised by it were all of the moms of the little girls who had crushes on him. Seriously didn't see that one coming...

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm guessing J is mine, and I'm thankful you didn't number it 34JJ or somethin' funny like that.

This post was very clever! LOVE it!

Kecia said...

So far you're all right, and Jackie and Michelle you get extra credit for claiming L. :) (Even though it was originally aimed at Kirsti.)

Kelli Stuart said...

K is mine! K is mine! (Did you make it "K" on purpose to go with my initial?)

So yeah, marathon's over, and I plan on blogging it soon. Jason was the perfect camera man so I've got some fabulous pics.

Did Rebecca learn that the guy that ran the first marathon died? Yeah, he died. And I didn't. WIN for me.